Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Chiappa FAS

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • fmunk
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 3896

    Chiappa FAS

    Somehow this one squeaked by the gun related blogs I read regularly. Looks interesting. Probably zero chance of getting one in CA though.



    FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.
  • #2
    Merc1138
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2009
    • 19742

    Neat, obviously there's a fairly limited target audience. Of course just because they got the rights to make it, doesn't mean they're actually making a pistol of the same quality that they're claiming the pedigree to be. That'll need to be proven, and we're already into July and they don't have anything on their website that I can see for it.

    Comment

    • #3
      fmunk
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2011
      • 3896

      Originally posted by Merc1138
      Neat, obviously there's a fairly limited target audience. Of course just because they got the rights to make it, doesn't mean they're actually making a pistol of the same quality that they're claiming the pedigree to be. That'll need to be proven, and we're already into July and they don't have anything on their website that I can see for it.
      Shrug. All speculation. I do own a Chiappa Rhino and have had experience with their customer service. Nothing but good things to say.


      FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

      Comment

      • #4
        Merc1138
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2009
        • 19742

        Originally posted by fmunk
        Shrug. All speculation. I do own a Chiappa Rhino and have had experience with their customer service. Nothing but good things to say.
        It's not their customer service I'm concerned about. If they're essentially trying to market a dedicated target pistol, the issue is whether or not the pistols they're producing actually live up to the task.

        Comment

        • #5
          fmunk
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2011
          • 3896

          Shrug... 1) it's not out 2) who knows how good it is until someone gets a hold of one 3) not likely to be on the CA roster... so, what are we arguing about?

          All I can say is based on the Rhino I have, their craftsmanship is very good. If the blueprints are from FAS and they manufacture based on those specs, I don't see how it can't be as good as real FAS pistols from back when.


          FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

          Comment

          • #6
            Merc1138
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Feb 2009
            • 19742

            I didn't think we were arguing. I know it's not out, no one knows if it's worth a crap, and it can be SSE'd. From what I've seen, chiappa doesn't appear to have much of a recent history(if any) of making successful target pistols. The idea is interesting, but if it turns out to be no better than any other basic .22lr pistol on the market, it'd be kind of a waste of time to bother with.

            Comment

            • #7
              fmunk
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 3896

              Actually they do have a history. The Rhinos are quite good and they make a very good Winchester 1886 replica. I see no reason to worry about their ability to make a good pistol.


              FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

              Comment

              • #8
                Merc1138
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Feb 2009
                • 19742

                Originally posted by fmunk
                Actually they do have a history. The Rhinos are quite good and they make a very good Winchester 1886 replica. I see no reason to worry about their ability to make a good pistol.
                The rhino isn't a .22lr target pistol, and their other .22lr pistols aren't anything remotely close to being competitive at any level that I've ever heard of. If this pistol turns out to be nothing more than yet another plinker, then they've just made a bulky plinker. I'll wait till something is proven to be nice, rather than assuming it will be when the company appears to have no background with such a product to judge past performance on.

                edit: All I'm saying is that since there's zero reason to get hyped up about it(for me anyway, other than it being interesting), there's no reason to have any hopes for the thing unless Chiappa can prove they're making a quality product with this pistol. If they do, great.
                Last edited by Merc1138; 07-03-2013, 1:32 AM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Highscore
                  Junior Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 5

                  Originally posted by fmunk
                  Shrug... 1) it's not out 2) who knows how good it is until someone gets a hold of one 3) not likely to be on the CA roster... so, what are we arguing about?

                  All I can say is based on the Rhino I have, their craftsmanship is very good. If the blueprints are from FAS and they manufacture based on those specs, I don't see how it can't be as good as real FAS pistols from back when.
                  Where did you get your Rhino?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1