Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Jailed a Savage Rascal.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    keder
    Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 103

    Awesome Boudroux! Yeah bought it now but won't give to him till his bday in nov.

    Comment

    • #17
      kablooie
      Member
      • Oct 2010
      • 265

      where did you buy it from? 10/22 is to big/heavy for the 7 and 10 yr olds
      ty
      Shop at Amazon via www.shop42a.com - up to 15% of all sales go back to Calguns Foundation!

      Comment

      • #18
        keder
        Member
        • Jun 2012
        • 103

        @kablooie- my local gun store ordered it for me, they seem to be showing back up after not being able to find one for a while there.

        Comment

        • #19
          Not a Cook
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2013
          • 1684

          For those of you that have received a Rascal lately, how long was the wait time to get a Rascal (preferably a wood one) in stock at your lgs?
          Regarding the 2nd Amendment:
          "...to disarm the people ― that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason ("The Father of the Bill of Rights")

          Regarding Life and Death:
          "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28

          The BIG question: "What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ?" Matthew 27:22b

          Comment

          • #20
            keder
            Member
            • Jun 2012
            • 103

            Just the 10 day waiting period for me, his distributor had them in stock. But I did try for several months of searching and not finding one locally or at their distributor, plenty on gun broker though.

            Comment

            • #21
              aristeia
              Member
              • Jun 2012
              • 124

              Originally posted by Not a Cook
              For those of you that have received a Rascal lately, how long was the wait time to get a Rascal (preferably a wood one) in stock at your lgs?
              I got mine thru Big 5 special order program for $179.99 a couple months back.

              6 weeks

              Comment

              • #22
                3RDGEARGRNDRR
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2011
                • 900

                Got the pink one for my kid and painted a black one purple. LOVE these rifles. Very accurate although they eat different ammo. The pink one loves the cheap stuff. You will love shooting it more than your kid i modded the triggers down to 8oz pulls each. My kids will not yearn for another gun until they outgrow these.
                CA: Exorcising my 2A rights

                Comment

                • #23
                  3RDGEARGRNDRR
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 900

                  Originally posted by Not a Cook
                  For those of you that have received a Rascal lately, how long was the wait time to get a Rascal (preferably a wood one) in stock at your lgs?
                  If you are near sacramento Primitive arms in ione had a wood lefty in stock
                  CA: Exorcising my 2A rights

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    MrElectric03
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 1590

                    I have one jailed right now for my son who will be six years old in August. Not sure if Big5 sells them for $150, I paid $200 OTD for an OD green one from my LGS but I prefer to support them anyway rather than a larger chain.

                    I researched as much as I could on the rascal, cricket and chipmunk as well as a few youth models but the rascal got all the best reviews. He had a difficult time with his red Ryder for a while so he needed a small stock.
                    Originally posted by ar15barrels
                    So you are throwing out 95% of reality to select the 5% of reality where you are actually right?
                    We must be on calguns...

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Elwood_Blues
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 2395

                      Originally posted by keder
                      Jailed a rascal yesterday so I can start taking my oldest son out to the range, now comes the hardest part... The waiting period. Any one have experience with these little rifles? Passed on a crickett at my LGS for the same price, think I made the right choice.
                      Congrats! How much was it OTD?

                      Originally posted by xxINKxx
                      I think big 5 sells these for around 150$ correct? I've wanted to get one just to put away for when my 2 yr old boy gets old enough.
                      Not anymore. I saw one today at Big5 for $179

                      I saw a pink one at Dick's today for $159

                      Originally posted by keder
                      Checked my local big5 but none in stock, paid a little less than retail for mine through local gun store.
                      There are better deals than Big5 for sure

                      Originally posted by kablooie
                      where did you buy it from? 10/22 is to big/heavy for the 7 and 10 yr olds
                      ty
                      You can get youth stock for 10/22, Brownells has them for $87 or $65 if you have C&R


                      Originally posted by MrElectric03
                      I researched as much as I could on the rascal, cricket and chipmunk as well as a few youth models but the rascal got all the best reviews. He had a difficult time with his red Ryder for a while so he needed a small stock.
                      I did the same and I will buy a Rascal.
                      Weapons Case Hotwire Foam Cutting
                      We can't help you ignore yourself. - CGN
                      Destruction is the way of life, destruction, mayhem, havoc, strife. - Bobby Blitz

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Tom-ADC
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 3614

                        Many years ago Kmart had a good sale on Mossberg 20 ga pump vent rib and chokes, I cut the stock down to fit my grandson he shot the heck out of it, moved into my 20 O/U then one Sunday shooting skeet he was up on station 7 I switched guns with him to my 12 ga O/U he dusted all four birds and didn't want to give the gun back, fine with me I loved the 20. He went on to get pretty good but it all started with a youth 22.
                        US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          keder
                          Member
                          • Jun 2012
                          • 103

                          @elwood it $212 OTD. And yeah there is better deals than at big 5, rather support my LGS. Plus it helps build rapport so I can maybe get a discount down the line on a more expensive purchase.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            latesvak
                            Member
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 355

                            Man I can't wait to get my daughter the pink one . She gets to hold one every time were at sportsmans. But I'm a tight wad and am holding out till they have a black one and a pink one at the same time to save 30 bucks on doing a 2nd dros. Love the rascal over the cricket.

                            Latesvak

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              keder
                              Member
                              • Jun 2012
                              • 103

                              Still waiting for the rascal to come in, pick up was on the 21st it's the 24th and still no rifle... Not sure who to be mad at my LGS or his distributor. Any one else ever have this problem with a firearm they ordered?

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Not a Cook
                                Senior Member
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 1684

                                Originally posted by keder
                                Still waiting for the rascal to come in, pick up was on the 21st it's the 24th and still no rifle... Not sure who to be mad at my LGS or his distributor. Any one else ever have this problem with a firearm they ordered?
                                @keder - let's just say I've been waiting for almost three months, and still no wood-stocked Rascal. And "yes", I have checked around at other FFLs in the meantime. I've been told that Savage is being unusually spotty on deliveries, but have no hard evidence to back that rumor up.
                                Regarding the 2nd Amendment:
                                "...to disarm the people ― that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason ("The Father of the Bill of Rights")

                                Regarding Life and Death:
                                "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28

                                The BIG question: "What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ?" Matthew 27:22b

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1