I have an CMMG .22 upper with a muzzle brake and every time I take it out it gets more and more build up on the muzzle brake. I tried scraping it off but it is really hard, any ideas on how to clean this off? It's a little blurry, but you can see marks from where I tried to scrape it off with a screwdriver.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Build up on muzzle brake
Collapse
X
-
.22s are dirty beast by nature.
dental pick.
Slip 2000 carbon killer.
Dental pick
example
Last edited by uxo2; 03-04-2013, 10:55 AM.Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
George Patton -
I have heard of some people spraying their comp/brake with dillon case lube (lanoline and alcohol) to keep the lead from sticking so bad. I sprayed my 460 Mag comp last time I cleaned it, but haven't shot it enough to check the results yet.He who dies with the most tools/toys wins
Comment
-
I take the A2 off after ~50k rounds and run it through the Ultra SonicOriginally posted by BannedinBritainThe only dumb question is the one you don't ask...and get arrested for later.Comment
-
I spent 30+ minutes cleaning my comp. I ran it through the ultrasonic cleaner for a total of 32 minutes, with simple green cleaner. I would scrape what I could and then run it in the ultrasonic, then repeat until clean.
I'm guessing the A2 is a flash hider for an AR 15 which is used with jacketed bullets. If so, that is a totally different ball game. Lead bullets can leave a real mess.He who dies with the most tools/toys wins
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,534
Posts: 25,148,722
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 17245 users online. 152 members and 17093 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment