Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How often do you 10/22 users actually clean your rifle?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ExtremeX
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2010
    • 7160

    How often do you 10/22 users actually clean your rifle?

    I’ll be honest the 10/22 is one of the last things I ever think of cleaning… I just gave it its first cleaning after 2 years or so since I got it new. I’m on this cleaning everything I own kick right now…

    I dont even know how many rounds ive put thought it but I didn’t even clean it because it was giving me problems, it’s been eating everything I feed it but it was pretty dirty so I decided to break it down and give it the royal treatment.

    Just curious if you guys are those after every trip people or the let it ride crowd...
    ExtremeX
  • #2
    223556
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 3349

    I clean my firearms in general as after every range trip, or at least a few days after but not longer then a week.
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

    "Between your faith and my Glock 9mm I'll take the Glock."
    - Arnold Schawarzenegger (End of Days)

    Comment

    • #3
      tradecraft
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2008
      • 4630

      I clean it every time I clean my shotgun...so not too often.
      Link to my feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...ser-tradecraft

      Comment

      • #4
        tanakasan
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2011
        • 1638

        Every brick or so for barrel, bolt face/chamber every other outing. Better for accuracy.

        Robert
        WTB/WTT

        Comment

        • #5
          d4v0s
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2010
          • 1661

          been 20 years since its been cleaned. its a long running joke of how long until it fouls up.

          over 2000 rounds a year from it too. just keeps on functioning!
          Originally posted by Franklincollector
          It was administered with a toothpick and placed on a street taco.

          Comment

          • #6
            Hooligan
            Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 335

            Depends, if I don't have time then I clean it when it feels dirty and doesn't work so well.
            On the firing line- depending on the day, determines which side of the line I'm supposed to stand on!

            Comment

            • #7
              uxo2
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 4003

              Originally posted by 223556
              I clean my firearms in general as after every range trip, or at least a few days after but not longer then a week.
              A proper cleaning..
              Over cleaning can be just as harmful as no cleaning
              22s are dirty bastards.

              I have a 10/22 that I simply have lost track how
              many thousands of rounds have been fired through it.

              Bought it in the early 80s at a gemco.

              When ammo was cheap and plentiful.
              Atleast 10 to 15 bricks fired in one
              shooting sesion was the norm.
              BRICKS of ammo.
              Shooting was a Family event with Brothers and Uncles.


              Ill make a different thread later on it.


              Take care of you equipment and it will take care of you.
              Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
              Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
              One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
              George Patton

              Comment

              • #8
                hermosabeach
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Feb 2009
                • 19807

                Mine starts to hiccup after 350-500 rounds

                I just use brake cleaner to get the powder residue out

                The .22 has a fairly lubed bullet and does not lead the barrel

                I will run 2-4 patches to knock any gunk out but I really do not clean the barrel- just remove the carbon so it runs
                Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                Comment

                • #9
                  ChaneRZ
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 2041

                  After every range trip.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Scratch705
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • May 2009
                    • 12537

                    when i first got it, after each trip.

                    now i'm waiting to clean it when it starts jamming.
                    Originally posted by leelaw
                    Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
                    Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
                    Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
                    Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
                    Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      unclejesse
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 844

                      Only when it jams, but it takes a lot of ammo for that to happens

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        SB1964
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 4876

                        Depends on the Ammo I use, if I'm gonna change ammo. Plenty to consider, as I shoot a lot of .22! If I'm shooting for accuracy, it's definitely gonna be prepped (cleaned) & some fouling shots fired before I attempt groups. I just cleaned mine & 6 mags also. I would say I clean the action almost every trip.
                        Yes I took the pic, no I didn't go swimming!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Steve_In_29
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 5682

                          Hardly ever. I give it a shot of RemOil at the start of each weekly range trip and maybe hit it with a toothbrush if I see the crud getting thick.

                          The rifle has only been apart for cleaning maybe 5 times in all the years I have owned it. Bought it when kids were kids and now they have grown kids of their own so its been a while.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Yoteman
                            Member
                            • Feb 2013
                            • 250

                            After every outing I clean the entire gun... barrel, trigger group, bolt and facing on my target builds. My stocker gets it about every 250 rounds and the barrel gets it every outing.

                            A liitle home brew Ed's Red for cleaning and some CorrosionX for lube and protection helps prevent them from grittin' up as much n ext time.
                            Cleaning Tools:


                            The crown protector bore guide in reg and bull for the rod


                            Or go commando with a pull thru!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Mail Clerk
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2008
                              • 2324

                              ExtremeX,

                              I clean my bore once per year but everything else including the chamber I clean.

                              I you visit the rimfirecentral forum they'll give you the straight poop on the cleaning part.

                              Mail Clerk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1