Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Multiple .22 Ammo Rifle

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    SB1964
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 4876

    My dad bought my brother & I a Rem. 552 tube feeder in the early 70's. Pretty sure it shoots every .22 cartridge.
    Yes I took the pic, no I didn't go swimming!

    Comment

    • #17
      Tom-ADC
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2010
      • 3614

      Originally posted by SB1964
      My dad bought my brother & I a Rem. 552 tube feeder in the early 70's. Pretty sure it shoots every .22 cartridge.
      Yep I have a Remington 552 BDL tube feed semi auto shots shorts, longs & long rifle ammo.
      US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

      Comment

      • #18
        rimfired
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 505

        I've got a Glenfield (Marlin) Model 25, takes shorts, long and long rifle. It's a bolt action magazine fed rifle.
        ______________________________

        Comment

        • #19
          Lexington-1
          Member
          • Oct 2012
          • 100

          Originally posted by Tom-ADC
          Yep I have a Remington 552 BDL tube feed semi auto shots shorts, longs & long rifle ammo.
          Will this gun also cycle with Colibri sub sonic rounds?

          Comment

          • #20
            paratroop
            Senior Member
            • May 2009
            • 1743

            Originally posted by Lexington-1
            Will this gun also cycle with Colibri sub sonic rounds?
            shoot? sure. Cycle? no way. Those are pretty much just pellets.
            Originally posted by Marcus von W.
            Is that banjo music I hear?
            "Sporter" is what the drooling toothless inbred albino with the hacksaw thinks his newly created "dear riffel" is.
            "Bubba" is what he and his ugly and ruined rifle really are.
            First you are chopping up historic vintage rifles and sticking them in cheap and nasty looking plastic "dildo" stocks that look like some kind of futuristic sex toy that gay space aliens stick up each other's butts.
            Next thing you know, you think "Deliverance" is a love story.

            Comment

            • #21
              jpscoot_21
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2007
              • 1186

              Most semi-auto won't cycle the Aguila Colibris. And Colibri suggests against using them in rifle barrels because they might get stuck, although some people use 'em in their semi-autos and just hand-cycle the action.

              Comment

              • #22
                Target-Ed
                Member
                • Apr 2010
                • 153

                Multi .22 ammo

                I have an ancient (pre WWII) savage 6 that will cycle Remington HV .22 shorts in semi-auto. If it does not cycle operate the charging handle and cycle it manually.
                The Savage 5 and its derivative the Stevens Springfield 86 will also digest .22 shorts with no issue.
                The Mossberg 44 came with a screw in the magazine to allow cycling of shorts through the rifle.
                I know for certain my Henry pump action older round barrel will not deal with .22 shorts.

                High standard did make a "short kit" a replacement slide magazine and barrel set up for .22 shorts often used for rapid fire pistol competition.

                Ed

                Comment

                • #23
                  Kodachrome
                  Member
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 379

                  You have to go back a bit.
                  Winchester M72 bolt actions shot 22 S,L,LR.
                  Winchester gallery guns(pumps) usually shot diffent length 22's.
                  Not sure about Winchester M74 semi-auto.
                  All of these are tube fed.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    sephy
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 1146

                    Originally posted by Target-Ed
                    I have an ancient (pre WWII) savage 6 that will cycle Remington HV .22 shorts in semi-auto. If it does not cycle operate the charging handle and cycle it manually.
                    The Savage 5 and its derivative the Stevens Springfield 86 will also digest .22 shorts with no issue.
                    The Mossberg 44 came with a screw in the magazine to allow cycling of shorts through the rifle.
                    I know for certain my Henry pump action older round barrel will not deal with .22 shorts.

                    High standard did make a "short kit" a replacement slide magazine and barrel set up for .22 shorts often used for rapid fire pistol competition.

                    Ed
                    Here is an image for reference:

                    Attached Files

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1