Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Should I buy? MP15-22

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    davek8s
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 2014

    Great quality rifle. I've lost count of the rounds that have gone through my 15/22.

    You can't go wrong with it.

    Comment

    • #17
      kirito
      Member
      • Sep 2012
      • 358

      i agree that it's a great rifle. heard nothing but great things even though i havent shot one myself. i am in the market for one too. i can say at the very least its a good deal because you are not paying taxes and just dros so you get to save a bit of money.

      Comment

      • #18
        sirgrumps
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 2500

        Originally posted by triggs75
        Yes. They are fun as .....

        I have never seen one is FDE. Even the mag.

        Very cool.

        I have an MOE one in black, and LOVE it!!!!

        I finally got a bunch of short 10 rd mags after the election, but before the panic for less than $17 each. I have seen these sell for over $75 on eBay, GunBroker and here.
        ?The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense is not a ?second-class right,? subject to an entirely different body of rules than the other Bill of Rights guarantees.? ?.. "We know of no other constitutional rights that an individual may exercise only after demonstrating to government officers some special need."
        - Justice Clarence Thomas

        Comment

        • #19
          rman
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2012
          • 2267

          Just got mine 2 weeks ago and I love it. Paid about that price new from Poway Weapons & Gear...

          Comment

          • #20
            toyotech
            Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 192

            i would if i can find one

            Comment

            • #21
              redcliff
              Calguns Addict
              • Feb 2008
              • 5676

              Originally posted by audiophil2
              While BDM mags are made only by BDM I would not consider them proprietary because they are not solely sold by BDM. BDM relabels them as CMMG and Brownell's too and are sold by those companies as CMMG and Brownell's magazines.

              I was so close to buying an M&P1522 until I saw the proprietary mags. It is a nice gun but the mag issue is a deal killer for me. Others may have no issue with that and that is fine too. I just see it as a severe limitation if the OP decides to buy the original ciener style kits or uppers. That design has been around for decades.
              And re-labeled BDM's being sold at CMMG and Brownell's is different than S&W M&P 15-22 magazines being sold at Brownells, Midwayusa, and 44mag.com, etc. how exactly? If the manufacturing plant burns down for either company one of us is SOL. By the way, BDM does make magazines for the M&P 15-22 also .

              If you want to have just one platform and require that each rifle can share your magazines thats fine. Some people like Glock (and only Glock) 9mm's for this same reason; a G17 magazine will work in all of them. I personally have no qualms about buying a firearm whose features I like and purchasing seperate magazines for that specific firearm. Otherwise I wouldn't own many of the firearms I do.
              "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
              "What we get away with isn't usually the same as what's good for us"
              "An extended slide stop is the second most useless part you can put on a 1911"

              "While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
              although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

              Comment

              • #22
                Hdawg
                Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 460

                Yes. Buy it. Then go out and buy another. They are that much fun.
                Originally posted by CitaDeL
                Ante up or anti up. You decide.

                Comment

                • #23
                  ImYourSalt
                  Member
                  • May 2012
                  • 120

                  That looks great in FDE! I have an M&P 15 Sport (5.56) and love it! I think you;d be happy with your purchase. .22LR means you can shoot it WAY more!
                  "I am the walking exigent circumstance you created." C. Dorner

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    czshooter
                    Member
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 436

                    Great guns. I have an MOE version and it is the best semi auto 22 I own. Dont know about the price in this crazy market. Seems OK.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      mark
                      Member
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 315

                      Looks like they are being added to the assault ban from Feinstein. No longer e reads any center fire rifle that has ... But she proposes any rifle with... Get what you can while you can. If nothing happens with these proposed bans well at least you have so new toys and had a great excuse to buy extra guns.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        rimfired
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 505

                        Originally posted by JRent54
                        I have the chance of buying a mp15-22 from a friend for 500bucks...is this a good buy? What are your thoughts on this model... Oh yeah...it's the camo model.
                        Get it, it's a fun, accurate, and reliable rifle. The aftermarket options are endless. I got mine for $350 pre-tax/dros with a Big 5 coupon in 2010, but you will never find it for a low price like that anymore. I stopped counting rounds after about 12,000 or so early last year. As for mags, I got a bunch early on too, 6 in total. When you find them in stock at a good price order a bunch.
                        ______________________________

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          rman
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 2267

                          Took mine out yesterday, ditched my cheap red dot and slapped on some MBUS.. Still need to zero them in but the rifle is super consistent. Can unload a magazine in 10 seconds with a fairly tight group, and I'm still a novice shooter.

                          Would like to go to the range alone sometime and squeeze out a brick or two.

                          Worst part about the gun is how much $$ you spend on tacticool stuff.




                          Sent from my Apple Android
                          Last edited by rman; 09-07-2013, 5:34 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            LCpl Kutches
                            Member
                            • Nov 2012
                            • 211

                            I have a S&W M&P 15-22, it is a great rifle.
                            The rifle breaks down for easy cleaning, easily accurate with iron sites at 50 yards (before the wind starts affecting your shots.)
                            The magazine issue is only temporary.

                            Most importantly, the actual bolt catch works.

                            I have ordered a reverse muzzle brake to increase the felt recoil, other than that love it.

                            Its a tactical .22LR, and widely considered one of the best tactical rifles due to the rifle closely in all aspects being similar to the AR-15. The major complaint is the low recoil when comparing the rifle to a .223/5.56 transition, which can be improved with a reverse muzzle brake.
                            War, it has a smell, it tastes different, it takes a different kind of man, who runs towards gunfire and not away from it.

                            Watch this and thank a veteran next time you see him.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfrr3kxzJtU

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              sd_shooter
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 14277

                              Get it.

                              I bring it on every range trip. Wife & kids shoot about a brick of 22 each time.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Chameleon Loco
                                Senior Member
                                • Apr 2012
                                • 2187

                                My dad has one he let's me take it to the range when ever I go. Yesterday I ran 300 rounds with no jams or mis fires. I use it more than he does, it is great for new shooters an training on the ar platform for cheap. You can also pimp out your chopper with many things since it has a rail system. Right now I just have a vertical foward grip on my dads, but I want to add an optic like a tru glow soon.
                                Want to Buy: Ruger PC9 Magazine Buttstock Pouch

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1