Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger BX-25 10/22 25 round magazines

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rfbnielsen
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 2

    Ruger BX-25 10/22 25 round magazines

    Can someone help please? I have 2 brand new Ruger BX-25, 25 round magazines that will not feed at all no matter what I try. I worked them for 1 hour at the Piru Shooting range with no luck. It's not the gun because I have 2 Butlercreek 25 round magazines that feed everytime. Does any one have some advice to what can be done?
  • #2
    kcjr1125
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 3883

    welcome to calguns! i am having the same issue with my bx25's. it usually happens a couple rounds in then will stop feeding.
    Originally posted by OHOD
    I guess I could rub my muff against his exwifes muff. Is that what they call muff diving?
    Originally posted by ivanimal
    I love you! (some Homo)
    I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
    we never had the problems in CA till the whiteys took over. We used to hunt, fish, roam, then they showed up and wanted to be civilized.............Ruined it for everyone!

    Comment

    • #3
      GunDog
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 1819

      Curious as to how you two gentlemen are justifying the use of your BX-25 mags here in Kalifornia. Have you modified them to hold only 10 rounds?
      Last edited by GunDog; 01-06-2013, 1:42 PM.
      NRA Life Benefactor Member
      CRPA Life Member
      VFW Life Member

      Comment

      • #4
        LMTluvr
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2012
        • 1348

        Originally posted by GunDog
        Curious as to how you two gentlemen are justifying the use of your BX-25 mags here in Kalifornia. Have you modified them to hold only 10 rounds?
        This. As if we don't have enough legal hurdles to jump through already, we dont need any more bad publicity even if it us simpky someone getting arrested for importing a high capacity magazine.There's no way they're "re-build kits" because those magazines didn't exist then.
        You CAN'T use those here! Being I have some in Nevada and have dissasembled them I'd sure love to hear how modifying them to 10 rounds would even be possible judging by the design.
        Last edited by LMTluvr; 01-06-2013, 1:55 PM.
        Slayer of abalone and lingcod.

        Comment

        • #5
          Dannicus
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2011
          • 2577

          Originally posted by LMTluvr
          This. As if we don't have enough legal hurdles to jump through already, we dont need any more bad publicity even if it us simpky someone getting arrested for importing a high capacity magazine.There's no way they're "re-build kits" because those magazines didn't exist then.
          You CAN'T use those here! Being I have some in Nevada and have dissasembled them I'd sure love to hear how modifying them to 10 rounds would even be possible judging by the design.
          Who knows where he's from.

          Comment

          • #6
            GunDog
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 1819

            OP indicated he was at the Piru range.
            NRA Life Benefactor Member
            CRPA Life Member
            VFW Life Member

            Comment

            • #7
              kcjr1125
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2012
              • 3883

              i have a vacation home in AZ where ive used mine. Another thing is they could have been used to repair older pre ban mags. as long as you dont end up with more than what you already had (10 round+ pre ban mags) then your ok. here are a few PRE-ban 25 rounders that sometimes need to be repaired.
              Originally posted by OHOD
              I guess I could rub my muff against his exwifes muff. Is that what they call muff diving?
              Originally posted by ivanimal
              I love you! (some Homo)
              I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
              we never had the problems in CA till the whiteys took over. We used to hunt, fish, roam, then they showed up and wanted to be civilized.............Ruined it for everyone!

              Comment

              • #8
                kcjr1125
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2012
                • 3883

                op also mentioned that he has/had butler creek mags that were 25 rounders. Butler creek was making 25 rounders before the ban. he could have used the BX 25's parts kit to fix his butler creeks. just like alot of people here buy Pmag rebuild kits. guess what? PMAGs were not around until POST BAN! so how is this possible to fix a pre ban pmag that didnt exist? you use the kit the way its inteded to, as parts. so people LEGALLY buy repair kits to fix their already legally owned preban 10+ rounders
                Last edited by kcjr1125; 01-06-2013, 2:24 PM.
                Originally posted by OHOD
                I guess I could rub my muff against his exwifes muff. Is that what they call muff diving?
                Originally posted by ivanimal
                I love you! (some Homo)
                I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
                we never had the problems in CA till the whiteys took over. We used to hunt, fish, roam, then they showed up and wanted to be civilized.............Ruined it for everyone!

                Comment

                • #9
                  LMTluvr
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 1348

                  Originally posted by kcjr1125
                  op also mentioned that he has/had butler creek mags that were 25 rounders. Butler creek was making 25 rounders before the ban. he could have used the BX 25's parts kit to fix his butler creeks.
                  You're telling me those parts are compatible?
                  I really don't care, I'm not Law Enforcement I'm just another calgunner. However I have seen more than once people at the range who think "calling it a rebuild kit" is the catch all, clear all phrase. The BX-25 didn't exist before the ban and owning myself butler creek mags and BX-25's I've yet to see any parts that were compatible.
                  I just don't want anyone to get in trouble for a law we all know is less than logical.
                  Slayer of abalone and lingcod.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    GunDog
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 1819

                    Originally posted by kcjr1125
                    i have a vacation home in AZ where ive used mine. Another thing is they could have been used to repair older pre ban mags. as long as you dont end up with more than what you already had (10 round+ pre ban mags) then your ok. here are a few PRE-ban 25 rounders that sometimes need to be repaired.
                    I understand where you are going with your statement with regard to rebuild kits for previously owned (prior to 2000) hi-cap mags but to the best of my knowledge, parts for the Ruger BX-25 mags are not compatible with parts for other aftermarket hi-cap mags and thus could not be used as re-build kits. I don't know......could be that I'm reading too much into it.
                    NRA Life Benefactor Member
                    CRPA Life Member
                    VFW Life Member

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      LMTluvr
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2012
                      • 1348

                      Originally posted by kcjr1125
                      op also mentioned that he has/had butler creek mags that were 25 rounders. Butler creek was making 25 rounders before the ban. he could have used the BX 25's parts kit to fix his butler creeks. just like alot of people here buy Pmag rebuild kits. guess what? PMAGs were not around until POST BAN! so how is this possible to fix a pre ban pmag that didnt exist? you use the kit the way its inteded to, as parts. so people LEGALLY buy repair kits to fix their already legally owned preban 10+ rounders
                      After re-reading this.. How do you replace parts on legally owned pre-ban mags with magazines that didn't exist pre ban? Since you mentioned pmag, there's no way. I'm just curious what you meant..
                      Slayer of abalone and lingcod.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ke6guj
                        Moderator
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 23725

                        Originally posted by LMTluvr
                        After re-reading this.. How do you replace parts on legally owned pre-ban mags with magazines that didn't exist pre ban? Since you mentioned pmag, there's no way. I'm just curious what you meant..
                        you take your existing pre-ban USGI magazine and take it apart to rebuild it. you swap all the parts except for the spring with new parts, either new USGI parts or Magpul parts, and then put it back together. you have now rebuilt your original magazine. it is still a 30-round AR15 magazine that works in your AR. Externally, it might look newer, but it is still the same legal magazine. Then, if you wish to, you can later swap the spring for a new one, still legal.
                        Jack



                        Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

                        No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          ojisan
                          Agent 86
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 11781

                          Eatons / Butler Creek / Ramline and others that use the coil / snail spring are perfect candidates for rebuilding with the BX25 body and mag lips.
                          The snail springs never loose tension, they are rarely the problem with a worn-out mag.
                          You can reuse the spring, spring pin, spring roller and in some brands, the follower.
                          So of the six mag parts, only two need to be replaced.
                          Just be sure you do not end up with more +10 mags than when you started out with.

                          To answer the OP's question, I would check the follower and its "track" for burrs or debris that may be causing binding.
                          Also, if these are older guns, be sure the mag catch spring has not lost tension .
                          The extra weight of the larger mags can cause problems if the catch spring is weak.

                          Also be sure to use quality ammo when testing, I prefer CCI Mini-Mags myself.

                          Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                          I don't really care, I just like to argue.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            kcjr1125
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2012
                            • 3883

                            Originally posted by LMTluvr
                            After re-reading this.. How do you replace parts on legally owned pre-ban mags with magazines that didn't exist pre ban? Since you mentioned pmag, there's no way. I'm just curious what you meant..
                            read:


                            Originally posted by OHOD
                            I guess I could rub my muff against his exwifes muff. Is that what they call muff diving?
                            Originally posted by ivanimal
                            I love you! (some Homo)
                            I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
                            we never had the problems in CA till the whiteys took over. We used to hunt, fish, roam, then they showed up and wanted to be civilized.............Ruined it for everyone!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              kel-tec-innovations
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 3931

                              Originally posted by ke6guj
                              you take your existing pre-ban USGI magazine and take it apart to rebuild it. you swap all the parts except for the spring with new parts, either new USGI parts or Magpul parts, and then put it back together. you have now rebuilt your original magazine. it is still a 30-round AR15 magazine that works in your AR. Externally, it might look newer, but it is still the same legal magazine. Then, if you wish to, you can later swap the spring for a new one, still legal.
                              As long as you don't have more standard(NOT A HIGH CAP, stop calling them high capacity that anti-guns created, they are standard cap) capacity magazine than you started with.

                              The BX ruger 10/22 magazine they seem to have hickups. Try taking it apart lube up the friction point and make sure the follower is giving the proper tilt to the .22lr at the feed lip
                              WTS: Mossberg RARE Bullpup
                              WTS: Glock 27 Nickel Boron coated 2 tone
                              American Defense 20 MOA mount, AK47 AK74 Bullpup kit, Midwest AK rails Krink
                              WTS: 7n6 5.45x39 spam cans / Crates IE area Riverside San Bernardino

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1