Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What's up with the Ruger mag release?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    slicknickns
    Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 146

    Originally posted by Lead Waster
    Man, you should try a marlin 795, the "button" is just a bent piece of metal and pressing it actually pushes it to the side. Horrible!
    hahahahaha
    My kinda rifle!!
    Gay marriage, guns, a bureaucratic community college system, mandatory 10 day waiting periods, beautifully-ethinically-diverse-and-often-stuck-up-spoiled hot girls, marijuana licenses, San Francisco & Los Angeles, legislation for paparazzi, rioting in celebration (when the Lakers win), rioting for injustice (Rodney King), Celebrities Rights Laws, and non-stop beautiful weather; what not to like about our glorious People's Republic?

    Comment

    • #17
      runway1
      Senior Member
      • May 2011
      • 1731

      Originally posted by G-forceJunkie
      Take the stock off and insert and release a magazine. If it drops free, you know it is the stock hanging it up. If so, a little sanding should give you clearance.
      I'll do that just as a final verification. Thanks.

      Comment

      • #18
        runway1
        Senior Member
        • May 2011
        • 1731

        Originally posted by Lead Waster
        Man, you should try a marlin 795, the "button" is just a bent piece of metal and pressing it actually pushes it to the side. Horrible!
        I would have except for the plastic, 9# trigger.

        Comment

        • #19
          SB1964
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2012
          • 4876

          OP Volquartsen Extended Mag. Release works great, no fumbling with the Mag. Even BETTER is Volq. Bolt release, highly recommend BOTH parts, it`ll make Shooting a lot more FUN! Approx 25$ for both & worth every penny...

          Agree on the Cleaning!!! Guns Cycle/Perform better when Clean.
          Yes I took the pic, no I didn't go swimming!

          Comment

          • #20
            reckoner
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2011
            • 721

            Originally posted by SB1964
            OP Volquartsen Extended Mag. Release works great, no fumbling with the Mag. Even BETTER is Volq. Bolt release, highly recommend BOTH parts, it`ll make Shooting a lot more FUN! Approx 25$ for both & worth every penny...

            Agree on the Cleaning!!! Guns Cycle/Perform better when Clean.
            Might as well throw in the Volquartsen target hammer too.

            Comment

            • #21
              iron330
              Member
              • May 2011
              • 415

              If you get one of these, and buy 3 Ruger 10 rounders, it will negate that problem. And you'll have 30 rounds available at a twist of the wrist. Google "TriMag".

              Alangator, LLC has spent years designing & refining quality gun accessories for both professional and recreational users. Our team has not only created unique accessories but we have managed to insure that all of our products are manufactured exclusively in America.

              Comment

              • #22
                santamonica9
                In Memoriam
                • Mar 2009
                • 1475

                i love my tac sol mag release on my 10/22 - I did file down the burrs/snags from the polymer mold stock from ATI before I did the new mag release.

                as others have stated check your mag fit first, then decide what is best to do.

                I also did the volquerston deluxe 10/22 upgrade kit and the trigger pull is so much better now
                I mainly shoot .22lr, 9mm,45 acp, 357 & 38, 12G, 7.62x39, .308, .223/556, 7.62x54r, 300 win mag, 8x57
                God Bless USA

                Comment

                • #23
                  BonnieB
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 1969

                  Originally posted by runway1
                  Performed exactly the same on two different stocks - Tapco and walnut Yukon Extreme. Stock does not seem to interfere at all. Also, it's clean! Unless I'm missing spots. Lever moves freely also.

                  Once it starts, it moves right out, but it doesn't budge at all by just moving the release lever.
                  Ummm. No offense, but are you pushing the mag release forward and then holding it forward? Or pushing forward and then releasing? Sometimes but not always, it makes a difference.

                  Also, I notice that they don't drop free as well when the gun is getting warm after the 200th round.
                  WHAT I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR, MOSTLY THE HARD WAY

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    far from tactical
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 1381

                    It works fine for me

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1