Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

10/22 for $199 black friday deal!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Flowmini98
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 651

    10/22 for $199 black friday deal!

    Just DROSd a new Ruger 10/22 Carbine with black synthetic stock for $199 on a black friday deal. Ive got a couple questions:

    1. How do you go about attaching a bipod to the stock? the only thing I see as far as a place to attach is the barrel/stock band with the small bolt across the bottom.

    2. I want to also attach the rail it come with and add some rings and a small scope. Any suggestions on what kind I could get for about $100

    3. Whats considered a good price for 10/22 magazines?
  • #2
    trob
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 1881

    for $100, are you looking for scope and rings, or just the scope?

    1) I have 3 bushnell banner "dusk til dawn" 4-12x40's and 1 Mueller APV 4.5-14x40. I prefer the Bushnells. They're less sensitive to eye position and I just like it a little bit more. They're also a little cheaper too. Look on Ebay for them, you can get them for 60-80 used.

    for rings, I really like the burris signature Zee rings with the inserts. I have about 5 pair of them and have never had a problem. Nice rings (~$40).

    2) Go buy a sling stud kit and install them yourself. Cheap.

    3) anything around $15-16/magazine is good for 10/22 mags. Gunkings.com used to offer a set of 3 for about $43 shipped. Not sure if they still do that, I havent needed mags in awhile.
    Last edited by trob; 11-23-2012, 6:20 PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      Flowmini98
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2012
      • 651

      Originally posted by trob
      for $100, are you looking for scope and rings, or just the scope?

      1) I have 3 bushnell banner "dusk til dawn" 4-12x40's and 1 Mueller APV 4.5-14x40. I prefer the Bushnells. They're less sensitive to eye position and I just like it a little bit more. They're also a little cheaper too. Look on Ebay for them, you can get them for 60-80 used.

      for rings, I really like the burris signature Zee rings with the inserts. I have about 5 pair of them and have never had a problem. Nice rings (~$40).

      2) Go buy a sling stud kit and install them yourself. Cheap.

      3) anything around $15-16/magazine is good for 10/22 mags. Gunkings.com used to offer a set of 3 for about $43 shipped. Not sure if they still do that, I havent needed mags in awhile.
      Thanks..I was thinking about $100 scope only

      Comment

      • #4
        shadow65
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2010
        • 1301

        I second the Bushnell. Nice glass for the money
        Dave N
        Independent Field Tester/Research and Developement

        Better to die for something than live for nothing

        Comment

        • #5
          Ron-Solo
          In Memoriam
          • Jan 2009
          • 8581

          Midway had factory Ruger 10 rd mags for $12.99.
          LASD Retired
          1978-2011

          NRA Life Member
          CRPA Life Member
          NRA Rifle Instructor
          NRA Shotgun Instructor
          NRA Range Safety Officer
          DOJ Certified Instructor

          Comment

          • #6
            Flowmini98
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2012
            • 651

            Just saw the Bushnell Banner 4-12x40 at Wallymart for $79.96

            Comment

            • #7
              Steve_In_29
              Banned
              • Nov 2009
              • 5682

              If you want see through rings get the Weavers Walmart sells for the 10/22. They mount using the screw holes your rail would use.

              For a decent general purpose scope I use the Simmons 3x9 32 from Big5. They go on sale frequently and if you have a coupon it is something like $30.

              Comment

              • #8
                cranemech
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2010
                • 1728

                Budsguns.com has magazines for $11.63
                "Stupid should hurt" - Armstrong and Getty show

                A lie about a wrongdoing becomes your future. The truth about a wrongdoing becomes your past. - Unknown

                Comment

                • #9
                  Izzy43
                  CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 2670

                  Originally posted by Flowmini98
                  Just DROSd a new Ruger 10/22 Carbine with black synthetic stock for $199 on a black friday deal. Ive got a couple questions:

                  1. How do you go about attaching a bipod to the stock? the only thing I see as far as a place to attach is the barrel/stock band with the small bolt across the bottom.

                  2. I want to also attach the rail it come with and add some rings and a small scope. Any suggestions on what kind I could get for about $100

                  3. Whats considered a good price for 10/22 magazines?
                  I can't answer your 10/22 specific questions but as far as the scope, Midwayusa.com is selling a Sightron S1 3-9X32MM rimfire scope for $79+shipping tomorrow only. It is a well respected scope over on rimfirecentral.com. Probably the best scope you can buy at that price as its usually $139.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Gem1950
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2008
                    • 2876

                    Be advised that the scope mount (that comes with the rifle) is not the standard picatinny/weaver rail. It is a smaller rimfire mount. Get a different mount or choose your scope rings carefully.
                    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine



                    "We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well and live."

                    "Is that a desert country?" "No; a fat country; fat people." "You are not fat?" "No. I'm different..."

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Flowmini98
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 651

                      Originally posted by Gem1950
                      Be advised that the scope mount (that comes with the rifle) is not the standard picatinny/weaver rail. It is a smaller rimfire mount. Get a different mount or choose your scope rings carefully.
                      Thanks for the heads up, I didn't think about that

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Sinclue
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2012
                        • 14

                        I have the 10/22 Carbine with wooden stock that I picked up a couple of weeks ago. Mine had a Weaver mount rail on it. I used 1" medium Weaver rings with a Simmons scope.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Flowmini98
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2012
                          • 651

                          Originally posted by Sinclue
                          I have the 10/22 Carbine with wooden stock that I picked up a couple of weeks ago. Mine had a Weaver mount rail on it. I used 1" medium Weaver rings with a Simmons scope.
                          Any photos of it by chance?

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1