Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Sig 522 Classic front sight?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • socalbowhunter
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 2694

    Sig 522 Classic front sight?

    I just bought a Sig 522 classic and it didn't come with any sights. It's probably not a big deal because most people would put a red dot on it and I will too. But I want to get sights for it.
    Anyone know where I can get a front sight for it? I can use any Picatinny mountable rear sight I'm guessing.
    Sent from free America otherwise known as Utah.
  • #2
    darqhelmet
    Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 467

    Sig sells the sights for the rifle. They have a dove tail mount up front on the gas block and a standard rail mount on the back. They are not AR height though. I would just skip the irons on this rifle and got with some kind if optic. I did.
    Son, one day you will make a girl very happy, for a short period of time. Then she will leave you and be with men who are ten times better than you could ever hope to be. These men are called Marines.

    Comment

    • #3
      socalbowhunter
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • 2694

      Thanks dh, I think you're right. I saw the sights on Sigs site and man, they are pricey. I found them on Top Gun Supply and they don't have good reviews and I really don't like the sights.
      I have a fairly cheap Truglo 1-4x30 red dot on it right now and I think it will be just fine.
      On a side note, how do you like yours? Do you have any feeding issues? Have you bought extra mags for it?
      Sent from free America otherwise known as Utah.

      Comment

      • #4
        floorance
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2006
        • 1212

        Personally I would just save the money and get a RDS or a decent Rimfire Optic, heres an old thread http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=573682

        Comment

        • #5
          socalbowhunter
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • 2694

          Thanks for the link floorance. I my search skills must have been hampered by lack of sleep.
          Sent from free America otherwise known as Utah.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1