Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Garage camo job - CMMG 22

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Triad
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 1684

    Garage camo job - CMMG 22

    I picked up some of the Rust-O-Leum "Camo" paint the other day and camo'ed up my .22LR AR.

    Last edited by Triad; 10-25-2012, 2:12 PM.
  • #2
    JackRydden224
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2011
    • 7229

    Where is your rifle?

    Comment

    • #3
      Triad
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2008
      • 1684

      No, no stensils. I bought one of those rough sponges you find in the soap department at Walmart, and a few sponge brushes from Lowes. I tore a random chunk off of the big sponge, and tore random bits off of the sponge brushes.

      Put two coats of Khaki down first, used the big peice of sponge to do Brown and the OD Green on the sponge brushes. Tried to make the pattern as "random" as possible.

      Comment

      • #4
        JNunez23
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2012
        • 2755

        Very cool! Good work.
        sigpic"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
        John Wooden

        Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!

        Comment

        • #5
          Fishslayer
          In Memoriam
          • Jan 2010
          • 13035

          Nice camo but your Avatar is magnificent.
          "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
          You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
          You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


          Originally Posted by JackRydden224
          I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
          Originally posted by redcliff
          A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

          Comment

          • #6
            socalbowhunter
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007
            • 2694

            Looks good. So many bad camo jobs get posted here. Glad to see a good one.
            Sent from free America otherwise known as Utah.

            Comment

            • #7
              Ricky-Ray
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2010
              • 3161

              Looks good. Did you have to do any prep work on your rifle first before the painting?
              Ray

              "If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University

              Comment

              • #8
                Triad
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2008
                • 1684

                Originally posted by Ricky-Ray
                Looks good. Did you have to do any prep work on your rifle first before the painting?

                I removed the bolt, taped off the front sight post, rear aperture, and the trigger. And I taped off the muzzle. I took a broken AR mag and put it in the mag well to block it off.

                I took a can of carb cleaner and sprayed it down and let it dry to burn off all of the oil on the outside. That was the extent of my prep work.

                Here are all of the supplies I used, minus the carb cleaner:

                Comment

                • #9
                  hakenlag
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2012
                  • 788

                  Outstanding!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    joker70
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 1208

                    It's probably the lighting and camera but the flat dark earth looks white in the OP photo.
                    "The only right more important than gun rights to cgn members is the right to be a drama queen..." jimx

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Triad
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 1684

                      I'm not a great photographer. I can try and snap a better picture

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Bull's_eye
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2011
                        • 832

                        Looks really good.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          capitol
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 2503

                          Looks great! Nice job

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1