Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Clarification on folding stocks on a rimfire rifle?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hoonshyne
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 24

    Clarification on folding stocks on a rimfire rifle?

    Sorry in advance - I know this has to have been covered here before but my searching skills today aren't up to par.

    I have a 10/22 Takedown and I'm wanting to swap out the stock for a folding stock.

    Kind of like these:




    I know rimfire rifles have a different set of regulations but I was just curious if this type of setup was legal?

    Thanks in advance...

    Hoon
  • #2
    Fot
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 1611

    Double check but think as long as 26" it is good to go.. The evil features ban are only for centerfire
    Originally posted by FastFinger
    We are a dynamic community that reflects society at large. If there is a trait that distinguishes us it is that we're protectors of the the infirm, the elderly, and defenseless women (often sorority sisters who like beer & pillow fights). That means that at some point we may be called on to do battle with zombies. That is nothing to be ashamed of. .

    Comment

    • #3
      Mssr. Eleganté
      Blue Blaze Irregular
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 10401

      Yep, it has to be at least 26 inches long in its shortest fireable condition. Some 10/22s with the shorter barrels are too short overall with some folding stocks.
      __________________

      "Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin

      Comment

      • #4
        hoonshyne
        Junior Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 24

        "26 inches long in its shortest fireable condition"

        So as long as the gun is 26 inches with the stock folded we're good?

        I think it'll fall short :/

        Comment

        • #5
          tanakasan
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2011
          • 1638

          Originally posted by hoonshyne
          "26 inches long in its shortest fireable condition"
          And 16" minimum barrel length.

          I have a Razor 80% in a Butler Creek folder. With a 17-1/2" barrel, it meet the minimum...barely! If you are just slightly short, a spacer can be fabbed to fit between the plastic stock and folder mech to lengthen a bit.

          A 10-22 TD would be cool in a BC folder! G/L!

          Robert
          WTB/WTT

          Comment

          • #6
            Mssr. Eleganté
            Blue Blaze Irregular
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2005
            • 10401

            Originally posted by hoonshyne
            ...I think it'll fall short :/
            Ruger's web site says the takedown model comes with an 18.5 inch barrel. I've seen guys posting here that their 10/22s with 18.5 inch barrels come to 27 inches overall length with their folding stocks folded. This could depend on the brand of folding stock, but you might be fine.
            __________________

            "Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin

            Comment

            • #7
              hoonshyne
              Junior Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 24

              Ohh... well in that case I'm going to have to give it a try.

              The stock I have my eye on is the AGP folding stock:



              Comment

              • #8
                Mossy Man
                Calguns Addict
                • Jun 2011
                • 7641

                Could always add a long flash suppressor to reach 26 inches if youre short.

                Comment

                • #9
                  G-forceJunkie
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 6475

                  18" barrels usually make the 26" OAL. The 16" barrels usually don't.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    hoonshyne
                    Junior Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 24

                    Sorry - what's "OAL"?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Chaos47
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 6615

                      Over All Length

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1