Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger mk3 speedloader

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 586L-Frame
    replied
    I use a ADCO ST JR Thumbsaver which works great loading my Ruger MKIII 22/45 Magazines. Cost less than $4 bucks.

    Leave a comment:


  • jkonquer
    replied
    So i modded the speed loader, question is is hks speedloader suppose to be very tight on the mag or loose?

    Leave a comment:


  • coq
    replied
    Originally posted by Merc1138
    Clean it out and use some thin oil or silicone based lube on the interior(very sparingly).

    This is of course also assuming that you're holding the line on the side level with the ground. Also, some ammo just works better in it. In mine federal bulk works but is a little finicky, cci minimags work flawlessly.
    Ah-ha. I'll dump the Federal and try some of my Mini Mags. Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Press Check
    replied
    CCI Bulk and Mini-Mag is what I use.

    Leave a comment:


  • kmca
    replied
    Here's a good video:

    Leave a comment:


  • Merc1138
    replied
    Originally posted by coq
    Mine's not that quick and easy...lots of pumping, not filling the mag right away, etc. Anyone have some tips or a fix?
    Clean it out and use some thin oil or silicone based lube on the interior(very sparingly).

    This is of course also assuming that you're holding the line on the side level with the ground. Also, some ammo just works better in it. In mine federal bulk works but is a little finicky, cci minimags work flawlessly.
    Last edited by Merc1138; 09-16-2012, 6:57 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • coq
    replied
    Originally posted by Chaos47
    Push it it (maybe give it a pump) and bam its loaded. Its pretty much effortless.
    Mine's not that quick and easy...lots of pumping, not filling the mag right away, etc. Anyone have some tips or a fix?

    Leave a comment:


  • kmca
    replied
    Most guys say use Remoil because that's what the guy who makes the UCL says

    Leave a comment:


  • Chaos47
    replied
    Originally posted by jkonquer
    Yeah i heard good things about the ucl, but im not worried about loading the ammo fast, i dont like how much stress is needed to pull down the magazine lever. Thats why i got the speedloader, for less stress. I guess ill just have to mod it
    I get the less stress part. But why not get the UCL. Its like 10 times less stress then even the loader you have.

    Push it it (maybe give it a pump) and bam its loaded. Its pretty much effortless.

    Originally posted by surgical
    I was having a bit of trouble with the UCL, but i sprayed the inside with clp. Shake it up a bit and no problems since.
    -iain
    So CLP didn't hurt it? I was a bit afraid it may crack the plastic. Most people say use remoil but I don't use that in my cleaning kit but I do use CLP.

    Leave a comment:


  • kmca
    replied
    It's not that brittle. When you do take it apart to clean, don't use brake cleaner, just plain soap and water.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stardude82
    replied
    Didn't get the right one polly..

    There's a MKS speed loader for most of the 22lr targets including the MkIII 22/45 and then there is one for the standard MkIII. Make sure you got the right one.

    The UCL is amazing. It works with a surprising number of pistols too. I am a little worried about how well it will hold up. Pretty brittle plastic.

    Leave a comment:


  • surgical
    replied
    I was having a bit of trouble with the UCL, but i sprayed the inside with clp. Shake it up a bit and no problems since.


    -iain

    Leave a comment:


  • Press Check
    replied
    Originally posted by kmca
    Did you watch the youtube video and give it a little shot of RemOil?
    Happen to have a link to that video?

    My rounds just sort of trickle into the magazine 2 or 3 at a time, and I have to coax them into the magazine by depressing and pressing the magazine in and out. I've tried adjusting the spring stop screw in tiny incriments, and tried adjusting the detent on the side, and so far, no luck.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eljay
    replied
    I'm very fond of the UCL. I do find that eventually (thousands of rounds) it will get gunky and needs to be cleaned. Once it's cleaned it runs a bit rough until it gets a bit of a coating of wax buildup (hundred rounds maybe?) and then it runs smooth for another couple of thousand. I believe people who say a bit of lube will avoid that break in period but I just don't worry about it.

    Oh - and I've been using it for many years, probably tens of thousands of rounds, and no problems with the magazines. Not sure why anybody thinks compressing the spring will hurt anything - that's what happens no matter how you load it.

    Leave a comment:


  • sneather
    replied
    Originally posted by Press Check
    Even after adjustments, my UCL hasn't worked correctly.
    Really. Odd. What happens?

    Mine showed up from Midway, I grabbed a handful of cheap bulk ammo, dumped it in the hopper, shook it for a couple seconds, then slid the magazine in, and back out, and ready to go.

    I will say, that I found the perfect trick to getting flawless loadings, was to pull the mag in and out just a fraction of an inch, from the fully inserted location. That never once failed to work. I also never needed to add any form of lubricant, and the device looks as clean now, as the day I bought it. Granted, I only used it for one range outing. So, I'll have to see after a few more tries. But, so far, it doesn't show even the slightest hint that it will ever give me a problem.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1