Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Holster for Ruger Mark with Volquartsen V-Comp

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • XDshooter
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 902

    Holster for Ruger Mark with Volquartsen V-Comp

    Does anyone know of a holster to fit this combo? Has anyone tried the Black Dog holster with the V-Comp?

    Thanks.
    Originally posted by E Pluribus Unum
    I was on a ride-along, and the officer i was with saw a parked car with occupants. He was going up to ask them to move their car and as soon as he gets to the window the passenger says "I have meth under my seat."

    I've never understood the self-confessors....
  • #2
    Wicked K5
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 830

    Do you already have a V-Comp? Can you get a measurement from bore centerline to the top of the sight blade and also to the bottom as well? I have the Black Dog holster for my 5.5" bull barrel. I'll try to get some measurements when I have some time.

    Comment

    • #3
      XDshooter
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2007
      • 902

      Originally posted by Wicked K5
      Do you already have a V-Comp? Can you get a measurement from bore centerline to the top of the sight blade and also to the bottom as well? I have the Black Dog holster for my 5.5" bull barrel. I'll try to get some measurements when I have some time.
      I do have one. I'll post measurements later tonight. Thanks.
      Originally posted by E Pluribus Unum
      I was on a ride-along, and the officer i was with saw a parked car with occupants. He was going up to ask them to move their car and as soon as he gets to the window the passenger says "I have meth under my seat."

      I've never understood the self-confessors....

      Comment

      • #4
        TKM
        Onward through the fog!
        CGN Contributor
        • Jul 2002
        • 10657

        The Vcomp on my slab side 678GC is wider than the receiver. It won't even begin to fit in my Fobus MK II holster.

        Unfortunately most holsters are made to fit the receiver.

        This will make for some slop. Good luck.
        It's not PTSD, it's nostalgia.

        Comment

        • #5
          Wicked K5
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 830

          Took my 5.5" bull barrel 22/45 out of the safe this morning to take some pics and measurements of the Black Dog holster. Sorry OP but I don't think a V-Comp will work with this holster . The width of the holster where the barrel sits is only 1 1/8" wide and top clearance for the sight is 1" from the bore's centerline. Here's a couple pics for reference
          ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343231875.786299.jpg
          ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343231891.640730.jpg


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment

          • #6
            XDshooter
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2007
            • 902

            I totally dropped the ball on this.

            VQ V-Comp is 1.115" OD.
            Center to top of sight is 0.880"

            Wicked K5, did you measure the opening with calipers?
            Originally posted by E Pluribus Unum
            I was on a ride-along, and the officer i was with saw a parked car with occupants. He was going up to ask them to move their car and as soon as he gets to the window the passenger says "I have meth under my seat."

            I've never understood the self-confessors....

            Comment

            • #7
              Gurney
              Junior Member
              • Aug 2007
              • 97

              Talk to Walter at Spetzgear. He seems to be able to make a kydex holster for anything. I'm very pleased with the custom CZ52 rig he made for me.

              Hatred has never won the peace. The most hatred has ever won is a lull between wars.
              **************************************
              If you want to get to know people, learn their music. Then learn their cooking. Then watch how your kids play together.

              Comment

              • #8
                jyo
                Calguns Addict
                • Sep 2008
                • 5320

                Just call any local leather maker and have him make one for your pistol---unless you must have a plastic holster...

                Comment

                • #9
                  XDshooter
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 902

                  Originally posted by jyo
                  Just call any local leather maker and have him make one for your pistol---unless you must have a plastic holster...
                  I would really prefer a plastic holster.
                  Originally posted by E Pluribus Unum
                  I was on a ride-along, and the officer i was with saw a parked car with occupants. He was going up to ask them to move their car and as soon as he gets to the window the passenger says "I have meth under my seat."

                  I've never understood the self-confessors....

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Wicked K5
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 830

                    Originally posted by XDshooter
                    I totally dropped the ball on this.

                    VQ V-Comp is 1.115" OD.
                    Center to top of sight is 0.880"

                    Wicked K5, did you measure the opening with calipers?
                    I don't have a pair of calipers. Just measured carefully with a metal ruler. Have you posted this question on RFC? Good chance someone there has tried this combo and will give you a definite answer.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      XDshooter
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 902

                      Originally posted by Wicked K5
                      I don't have a pair of calipers. Just measured carefully with a metal ruler. Have you posted this question on RFC? Good chance someone there has tried this combo and will give you a definite answer.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      I'll post over there. Thanks.

                      In the back of almost any magazine (cars, trucks, guns, tech, etc) they always have a $9.99 coupon for the 6" calipers from harbor freight.
                      Originally posted by E Pluribus Unum
                      I was on a ride-along, and the officer i was with saw a parked car with occupants. He was going up to ask them to move their car and as soon as he gets to the window the passenger says "I have meth under my seat."

                      I've never understood the self-confessors....

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1