Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which 1911 22lr?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Big K
    Junior Member
    • May 2012
    • 17

    Which 1911 22lr?

    Looking into getting a 22lr pistol and I really like the 1911 style, which ones do u guys like and why?

    thnks
  • #2
    JackRydden224
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2011
    • 7229

    Welcome to Calguns and this thread is your friend

    Comment

    • #3
      Big K
      Junior Member
      • May 2012
      • 17

      Originally posted by JackRydden224
      Welcome to Calguns and this thread is your friend

      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=569888
      Thanks.... I always forget about the search function

      Comment

      • #4
        facn650
        Member
        • Mar 2012
        • 152

        Have you considered a Ruger 22/45? Same grip angle as the 1911.

        Comment

        • #5
          budprop
          Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 190

          Try and find a Colt Ace. I love mine, has the same feel and similar recoil as the real thing. Post WWII models can be found fairly reasonable on Gunbroker.
          Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner, Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.
          Track the learning process http://blackriflebuild.blogspot.com/

          Comment

          • #6
            GM4spd
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2008
            • 5682

            Originally posted by budprop
            Post WWII models can be found fairly reasonable on Gunbroker.
            If they are on GB and not in California they can't be brought in. They COST,also. Pete


            Last edited by GM4spd; 05-14-2012, 6:01 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              JackRydden224
              Calguns Addict
              • Aug 2011
              • 7229

              What GM4spd said and when I checked on GB they are going for well over $1,500

              The GSG 1911 really is your best choice if you want a .22 1911 in CA. Sig has one but it is not on the roster.

              Comment

              • #8
                Ripon83
                Calguns Addict
                • Jan 2011
                • 6686

                Budget

                If you are on a tight budget, say $500, the positive comments on the GSG seem to out weigh the negative. If I had $750 I might see if a RIA tactical and 22 Kimber kit fits into your budget so you have both a 45 and 22. If $1.1k is avail a Kimber and conv kit is a nice match.



                Originally posted by Big K
                Looking into getting a 22lr pistol and I really like the 1911 style, which ones do u guys like and why?

                thnks
                Remember the Mighty Midgets



                Comment

                • #9
                  Big K
                  Junior Member
                  • May 2012
                  • 17

                  The GSG looks nice, is it full sized? Haven't seen the 22/45, looks interesting.....

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    JackRydden224
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 7229

                    Originally posted by Big K
                    The GSG looks nice, is it full sized? Haven't seen the 22/45, looks interesting.....
                    The GSG is full sized and the best bang for the buck.

                    I personally think it is silly to spend a couple hundred more for the Kimber. I mean for the money you can get the GSG AND a RIA Tactical.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      sig808
                      Member
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 419

                      For the money the best bet is a gsg. I just went thought the exact same thing and after all of the reading and comparisons I concluded that you can't beat the gsg for the value.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Hispeed1
                        Member
                        • Jan 2008
                        • 271

                        Video review, GSG 1911 .22

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          osophat71
                          Member
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 194

                          My two cents, if you can find a colt ace, buy it, rare to find but worth the money. If you want a accurate plinker that doesn't break the bank, you can't beat the gsg 1911, 80% changeable parts with real 1911's and it's a .22!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Warguy
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 662

                            Love my gsg, its been a great plinker!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1