Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

10/22 trigger won't reset

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • owenriquez
    Member
    • Jun 2010
    • 281

    10/22 trigger won't reset

    I replaced the hammer on my 10/22, when i put it back together the trigger won't reset by itself. meaning, when I hold the trigger and pull back the bolt, the trigger won't engage not 'til i push it forward. What have i done wrong? Did tried to disassemble and assembled a couple of times but no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated

    I called STRUM RUGER today (5-9-12) to order the parts i need, I spoke with the lady and said she will ship the parts for FREE
    Last edited by owenriquez; 05-09-2012, 2:29 PM.
  • #2
    wguy00
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 54

    A Volquartsen hammer? Did you use a new spring or the factory spring?

    Comment

    • #3
      JNunez23
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 2755

      Originally posted by owenriquez
      I replaced the hammer on my 10/22, when i put it back together the trigger won't reset by itself. meaning, when I hold the trigger and pull back the bolt, the trigger won't engage not 'til i push it forward. What have i done wrong? Did tried to disassemble and assembled a couple of times but no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated
      Did you make sure to have the safety reset before putting the trigger assembly back together??

      Push down on the safety and reset it, from what I remember I had to go back because of the same issue and start over.
      sigpic"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
      John Wooden

      Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!

      Comment

      • #4
        Excaliburr
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2011
        • 936

        watch a youtube video on how to re-assemble the trigger or do a trigger job etc. I am having a hard time just understanding what your problem is. I have taken them apart many times and they is a little learning curve, but they are not that complicated. Perhaps you do not have one of the springs in correctly. Why would you hold the trigger and pull back the bolt? Trigger won't engage until I push it forward? Why would you push forward the trigger? Guess I am not understanding your problem?

        Comment

        • #5
          1970gmc4x4
          Member
          • Mar 2012
          • 177

          I think someone else had this problem and they had mixed up the trigger return spring and the disconnector spring(i think disconnector is the right name).

          Comment

          • #6
            Remus
            Member
            • Mar 2009
            • 436

            Is the c clip facing up?

            Comment

            • #7
              owenriquez
              Member
              • Jun 2010
              • 281

              Originally posted by wguy00
              A Volquartsen hammer? Did you use a new spring or the factory spring?
              yes VOLQUARTSEN but factory spring

              Comment

              • #8
                owenriquez
                Member
                • Jun 2010
                • 281

                Originally posted by JNunez23
                Did you make sure to have the safety reset before putting the trigger assembly back together??

                Push down on the safety and reset it, from what I remember I had to go back because of the same issue and start over.
                I think i had it on fire select, i'll try what you said ...thanks

                Comment

                • #9
                  owenriquez
                  Member
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 281

                  Originally posted by Excaliburr
                  watch a youtube video on how to re-assemble the trigger or do a trigger job etc. I am having a hard time just understanding what your problem is. I have taken them apart many times and they is a little learning curve, but they are not that complicated. Perhaps you do not have one of the springs in correctly. Why would you hold the trigger and pull back the bolt? Trigger won't engage until I push it forward? Why would you push forward the trigger? Guess I am not understanding your problem?
                  holding the trigger before pulling back the bolt will make sure that the trigger will reset for the follow up shot. And yes i did watch you tube (very informative) but i'm thinking of buying the B-24, B-39 and B-40 if things are still the same. Thanks

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    owenriquez
                    Member
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 281

                    Originally posted by Remus
                    Is the c clip facing up?
                    you got me, what is a "C" clip? was it the B-45?
                    Thanks

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      1970gmc4x4
                      Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 177

                      The c-clip is the hammer spring retainer. Should be facing up. Honestly I doubt that is the problem. But might as well make sure everything is right.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        owenriquez
                        Member
                        • Jun 2010
                        • 281

                        Originally posted by 1970gmc4x4
                        The c-clip is the hammer spring retainer. Should be facing up. Honestly I doubt that is the problem. But might as well make sure everything is right.
                        I'll check it out, yes B-45 was the "C" on the spring

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          owenriquez
                          Member
                          • Jun 2010
                          • 281

                          Originally posted by 1970gmc4x4
                          The c-clip is the hammer spring retainer. Should be facing up. Honestly I doubt that is the problem. But might as well make sure everything is right.
                          I'll check it out, yes B-45 was the "C" on the spring

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ojisan
                            Agent 86
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Apr 2008
                            • 11781

                            Disconnector / sear spring in wrong or wrong spring.
                            Triger return spring to weak / plunger in wrong or binding.

                            Now, if the problem is that the hammer won't catch on the sear and you are 100% sure everything else is correct, another poster here recently had this kind of problem and Volks replaced some parts for him.
                            Last edited by ojisan; 05-08-2012, 1:33 PM.

                            Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                            I don't really care, I just like to argue.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              owenriquez
                              Member
                              • Jun 2010
                              • 281

                              just an update, by watching this link on YOUTUBE (RUGER 10/22 trigger work fix), maybe my problem will be corrected.
                              I thank you brothers of Calguns for any input you gave... again THANK YOU so much

                              UPDATE
                              Parts from Strum Ruger came in yesterday (05-12-12), did all the suggestion and installed the sears spring, plunger and plunger spring
                              and viola, it works
                              Last edited by owenriquez; 05-13-2012, 11:50 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1