Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PMC Zapper .22 rimfire

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • the707kid
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 94

    PMC Zapper .22 rimfire

    I was given 5 bricks of this stuff, I shot around 300 rounds today at the range and was VERY impressed. I have 2 very picky rifles and they both ran this stuff without incident. I did not put it on paper but shooting range trash on the ground it seemed accurate enough. I shoot at a BLM range in Ukiah and there is never a shortage of items left by others to shoot at. I am interested to hear from you guys/gals of your experience with this ammo. Before today I had zero experience with this ammo.
  • #2
    Ogre8472
    Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 374

    Originally posted by the707kid
    I was given 5 bricks of this stuff, I shot around 300 rounds today at the range and was VERY impressed. I have 2 very picky rifles and they both ran this stuff without incident. I did not put it on paper but shooting range trash on the ground it seemed accurate enough. I shoot at a BLM range in Ukiah and there is never a shortage of items left by others to shoot at. I am interested to hear from you guys/gals of your experience with this ammo. Before today I had zero experience with this ammo.
    Lucky! That is some wonderful ammo in my semi-autos. My j.c. higgins loved that stuff. I want some!
    Is it the 40g or 38g? Either one shot superbly for me
    Rifles:
    Savage 93fvss
    Savage 64fxp
    Savage Mk II FV
    Henry H001
    Pistols:
    FNH P45
    Browing Buckmark
    Shotgun:
    870 20g

    Comment

    • #3
      sjg1966
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2012
      • 1047

      I've never tried it and I don't think I've ever seen it for sale around here.....
      Watch Astro steal brass and take it into his cage....
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4B_pd-yRWE&hd=1

      Glock 20C at indoor range....
      http://youtu.be/T4bP8DnhT9Q

      Comment

      • #4
        JNunez23
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2012
        • 2755

        I've shot this and PMC Sidewinder. Good stuff. I still wonder why PMC rimfire ammo is seldomly seen.
        sigpic"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
        John Wooden

        Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!

        Comment

        • #5
          the707kid
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2011
          • 94

          It's the 40 Gr solid copper coated

          Comment

          • #6
            Ogre8472
            Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 374

            Originally posted by JNunez23
            I've shot this and PMC Sidewinder. Good stuff. I still wonder why PMC rimfire ammo is seldomly seen.
            Me too! A friend gave me a box of the sidewinder to try. I still want to find a case worth of the zapper again. Normal suppliers dont carry it anymore.
            Rifles:
            Savage 93fvss
            Savage 64fxp
            Savage Mk II FV
            Henry H001
            Pistols:
            FNH P45
            Browing Buckmark
            Shotgun:
            870 20g

            Comment

            • #7
              JNunez23
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2012
              • 2755

              Originally posted by Ogre8472
              Me too! A friend gave me a box of the sidewinder to try. I still want to find a case worth of the zapper again. Normal suppliers dont carry it anymore.
              Not bad stuff right, PMC doesn't care for the .22 market or what??
              sigpic"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
              John Wooden

              Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!

              Comment

              • #8
                stevie
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 3856

                PMC Zapper and Sidewinder was discontinued a few years ago. Not usre if they started production again? I picked up a couple cases from Century when they were closing it out.

                Comment

                • #9
                  srvgtrfan
                  Junior Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 97

                  I still have a bunch of it. Shoots great in the Mosquito of all things. But 15 year old PMC Zappers have a funny smell after you shoot them. And they look like sparklers as they leave the barrel. They DO WORK though!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    the707kid
                    Junior Member
                    • Dec 2011
                    • 94

                    I don't know how old my stuff is. But it states it is made in Mexico of all places!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1