Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Should I convert my SR22 (rifle) or sell it?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jaredm83
    Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 134

    Should I convert my SR22 (rifle) or sell it?

    I have a SR22 rifle but I really want a regular stocked bull barreled 10/22 rifle. Should I just buy a stock and barrel and swap the receiver out or should I just dump the rifle and start over? I don't know how much interest there is out there for a used tacticool 22 rifle. Or maybe I could sell off everything but the receiver but then I can never go back to "stock". What to do what to do...
  • #2
    nastyhabts26
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 2103

    Keep it and then buy a new one like you really want.
    Then you will have both.
    One for longer more precision shooting and one for plinking and fun shooting.

    Comment

    • #3
      AlbcAlbrr
      Senior Member
      • May 2008
      • 637

      Originally posted by nastyhabts26
      Keep it and then buy a new one like you really want.
      Then you will have both.
      One for longer more precision shooting and one for plinking and fun shooting.
      This.

      Comment

      • #4
        Seesm
        Calguns Addict
        • Nov 2008
        • 7812

        Lets do a lil horse trading!!

        Comment

        • #5
          nbk9nbk
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2012
          • 614

          What to do what to do...?



          SELL IT TO ME I HAVE CASH AND WILL BUY IT EITHER WAY AS PARTS OR AS A COMPLETE RIFLE LET ME KNOW if you decide to sell it

          Email IS nbk9nbk@YAHOO.COM

          Comment

          • #6
            santamonica9
            In Memoriam
            • Mar 2009
            • 1475

            you cant just put the bull barel on the sr22
            I mainly shoot .22lr, 9mm,45 acp, 357 & 38, 12G, 7.62x39, .308, .223/556, 7.62x54r, 300 win mag, 8x57
            God Bless USA

            Comment

            • #7
              Jaredm83
              Member
              • Jan 2012
              • 134

              Originally posted by santamonica9
              you cant just put the bull barel on the sr22
              I could but that would make for one heavy rifle!!! Leaning towards selling the parts and buying a barrel and stock of my liking.

              Comment

              • #8
                xbguru
                Member
                • Dec 2011
                • 105

                i have a stock 10/22 id trade ya!
                Originally posted by ballistic
                Two things you don't want to do while wearing only boxers, casting bullets and frying bacon.

                Comment

                • #9
                  chris_m90731
                  Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 387

                  Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I've got a virtually new ruger sr22 rifle that I'd be intersted in trading. ???
                  Semper Fi
                  sigpic
                  www.chrismandia.com

                  staff writer for www.guns.com

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    crowndesigns
                    Junior Member
                    • Apr 2012
                    • 4

                    what does a used sr22 riffle go for price wise?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Jaredm83
                      Member
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 134

                      I dunno, but I have been told that bud's sells them new for 472 plus you can use some discount code for an extra 5% off. But once you include transfer & dros & tax, you will looking at about 550, my FFL chargers $40 for a transfer.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        goodbuys
                        Junior Member
                        • Apr 2012
                        • 1

                        Sell everything but the receiver on ebay, and pick up the bull barrel and stock off ebay.
                        I haven't seen a sr22 stock on ebay in a long time, I imagine it would sell well, I'm interested in bidding.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Jaredm83
                          Member
                          • Jan 2012
                          • 134

                          Ya I'm very temped to do that. A new barrel for an sr22 or 10/22 tactical sold yesterday on ebay for 163! granted it was new but still

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1