Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which .22 rifle?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    drifter2be
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 2177

    Originally posted by KandyRedCoi
    ^this

    10/22 all day...i dont see how much accuracy u can gain on a more accurate gun unless your an awesome shot and/or planning to shoot on a rest/bipod all day...how fun is that? right now u may feel that u do NOT need to change and/or do anything to the rifle, but that time will come and u will want more...the 10/22 offers that and more...almost every lgs u go to will know and have parts for it and the darn thing is pretty reliable and build options are endless
    price difference is like $40 from the Savage to the 10/22 Ammo Bros has the synth/blue on sale for $199 .... get some!!!
    Aside from the fact that I have no interest in the 10/22 as stated in my first post I have had some serious issues with Ammo Bros and the crappy customer service I have gotten from them in the past few weeks so their 10/22 could be cheaper than a Savage or Marlin and I still wouldn't buy it, mostly because their half-*** employees can't do something as simple as look at the gun cabinet when you call and ask if they have something in stock, instead they just tell you no so you go through the hassle of ordering it online, then show up in the store two days later for another reason and guess WTF is in the cabinet...the exact gun I called and asked whether it was in stock or not. Si they have been added right next to cheaperthandirt on my list of businesses I will not give my money to. But I'm getting off topic in my own thread.

    I'm meeting up with another member...if he gets back to me...about a Marlin 925 bolt rifle, since I need to spend a little more time focusing on the fundamentals anyway, and having to take my hand away from the trigger after each round will slow me down and force me to focus a little more on the basics and trigger control.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L Mencken
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo

    "Moms Demand Action" sounds less like a gun control group and more like the title of a porn flick from the mid-90s.

    Comment

    • #17
      KandyRedCoi
      Senior Member
      • May 2011
      • 1748

      havent had any bad exp at ammo bros other than long wait times

      but a good Bolt Action is nice if you want to get back to basics and shoot a hole in a hole on paper

      good luck
      -Coi- N R A member since 2008
      .177-.22lr-.410-9mm-38spr-.45acp-45lc-7.62x39-7.62x54r-12ga
      ~your friendly neighborhood ZOMBIE hunter~

      Comment

      • #18
        dangerranger
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2010
        • 578

        Ive not had any problems using the grooved reciver on the 795 as a scope mount. I use brand name rings without any slipage problems. the scope that comes with new guns are right next to worthless so I would not even concider it in comparing the savage and marlins.

        Comment

        • #19
          Squid
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2010
          • 1041

          I picked the Rem 597 for feel when shouldered.

          Unfortunately, I haven't seen one in local shops for a while. They had probs with cheap plastic mags, but now have good metal mags and Rem has several new versions out.

          'Handles just like high powered bolt action' and it does. My friends all agree.

          Comment

          • #20
            busta00
            Member
            • Mar 2010
            • 172

            i have a savage 64 and the scope is practically useless. I used the stock scope at first just to run some rounds through the gun. cci seems to be the best rounds through the gun for me. Remingtions worked well also. Winchester and Federal were ok. I bought it for the same reason as you are looking at. Free scope for 40 bucks less. Still love the gun for the price. Also, going to be a starter gun for my daughter.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1