Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

sr22 pistol

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Speedpower
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 2238

    It's a blast to shoot the SR22, but I'm getting Hammer bite, anyone experiencing the same?

    Comment

    • #17
      JxPakman
      Member
      • Mar 2012
      • 278

      Originally posted by rogervzv
      The SR22 is a blast. Love mine with the Lasermax Uni-Micro laser:

      Where did you get the Laser? Online? Store? How much was it?
      I like guns.

      Comment

      • #18
        SacTown
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 1784

        Originally posted by Speedpower
        It's a blast to shoot the SR22, but I'm getting Hammer bite, anyone experiencing the same?
        I noticed that after extensive time shooting mine that I get a little reddish spot on my hand from the hammer. I just stuck a little strip of electrical tape on my hand and no more bite.
        sigpic SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

        Comment

        • #19
          JxPakman
          Member
          • Mar 2012
          • 278

          Is the hammer bite that bad? I haven't had a chance to go to the range yet, but at least for my hand it doesn't seem like it will pinch. Can you notice the pinch or is it just a little redness that you notice after shooting the gun?
          I like guns.

          Comment

          • #20
            DesertSniper
            Member
            • May 2010
            • 209

            I can tell you what bites bad... not being able to buy this pistol!!
            http://sniperrifle.org/

            Comment

            • #21
              easyPZ
              Member
              • Nov 2010
              • 156

              How does the SR22 compare to walther p22 or sig mosquito from a function/reliability aspect? I read a lot has to do with ammo choice. I want to ask, have any of you shooters experienced any ftf/fte/ft anything and if so, what were the conditions that caused a particular failure? How were they remedied?

              Comment

              • #22
                Speedpower
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2010
                • 2238

                Originally posted by JxPakman
                Is the hammer bite that bad? I haven't had a chance to go to the range yet, but at least for my hand it doesn't seem like it will pinch. Can you notice the pinch or is it just a little redness that you notice after shooting the gun?
                Originally posted by SacTown
                I noticed that after extensive time shooting mine that I get a little reddish spot on my hand from the hammer. I just stuck a little strip of electrical tape on my hand and no more bite.
                Not actually a bite like you get when shooting a 1911 without a beaver tail, but more of a blister from shooting the gun, I got a really bad blister (abrasion) from 1st time shooting it 2 weeks ago, then last night it happened again, now I wonder if I can just bob the hammer like how other people do to the hammer on their 1911.

                Comment

                • #23
                  rogervzv
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 2087

                  Originally posted by JxPakman
                  Where did you get the Laser? Online? Store? How much was it?
                  It is the Lasermax Uni-Micro laser sight. Available on Amazon for $112. Worth every penny.
                  Come and Take It!
                  I'm the only hell my momma ever raised ...

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    rogervzv
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 2087

                    Originally posted by easyPZ
                    How does the SR22 compare to walther p22 or sig mosquito from a function/reliability aspect? I read a lot has to do with ammo choice. I want to ask, have any of you shooters experienced any ftf/fte/ft anything and if so, what were the conditions that caused a particular failure? How were they remedied?
                    Couple of things.

                    I have put 850 rounds of Federal Bulk 525 through my SR22P. Not a single FTE or FTF. Not one. This pistol is every bit as reliable as my beloved Ruger Mark IIIs and the Mark II.

                    I have never, not once, experienced hammer bite. I am not a big guy, so maybe a very large hand might although I doubt it.

                    Really pleased with the gun.
                    Come and Take It!
                    I'm the only hell my momma ever raised ...

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      SinisterBud
                      Member
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 273

                      I have had mine for about 3 weeks got about 1k with a couple of FTF with bulk ammo other than that vary nice. I'm glad i got one with the pistol on the slide i think it will be worth more one day since there aren't as many.
                      "Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value."

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        easyPZ
                        Member
                        • Nov 2010
                        • 156

                        Originally posted by rogervzv
                        Couple of things.

                        I have put 850 rounds of Federal Bulk 525 through my SR22P. Not a single FTE or FTF. Not one. This pistol is every bit as reliable as my beloved Ruger Mark IIIs and the Mark II.

                        I have never, not once, experienced hammer bite. I am not a big guy, so maybe a very large hand might although I doubt it.

                        Really pleased with the gun.
                        Awesome. I was looking to get a buckmark to scratch my rimfire pistol itch but the sr22 looks like a winner. I understand markII & markIII are reliable too but the sr22 is much cooler looking imo, like a mini sr9.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          rogervzv
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 2087

                          Originally posted by easyPZ
                          Awesome. I was looking to get a buckmark to scratch my rimfire pistol itch but the sr22 looks like a winner. I understand markII & markIII are reliable too but the sr22 is much cooler looking imo, like a mini sr9.
                          I just started DROS on my second SR22P if that tells you anything about how I like the gun. I will say that there is no finer 22 than the Mark III.

                          Buckmarks are fine guns but I will take either of the Rugers over it. But that is a very personal opinion.
                          Come and Take It!
                          I'm the only hell my momma ever raised ...

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            hooked on glock
                            Member
                            • Jan 2012
                            • 348

                            Ruger SR22

                            Took my Ruger SR22 out last night for the second time , its a super fun lil piece ... chews and spits everything you throw at it ....

                            so far i have put

                            60 rounds of federal , 50 rounds of american eagle , 50 rounds of remmington viper , and 220 rounds of CCI mini mags , and my favorites are federal and CCI mini mags ... mini mags group a whole lot better ...

                            i will be talking her out again to try out some CCI stinger , CCI velocitor , and some cheap blazer , and let you fellas know how she does ...

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              rogervzv
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 2087

                              Originally posted by hooked on glock
                              Took my Ruger SR22 out last night for the second time , its a super fun lil piece ... chews and spits everything you throw at it ....

                              so far i have put

                              60 rounds of federal , 50 rounds of american eagle , 50 rounds of remmington viper , and 220 rounds of CCI mini mags , and my favorites are federal and CCI mini mags ... mini mags group a whole lot better ...

                              i will be talking her out again to try out some CCI stinger , CCI velocitor , and some cheap blazer , and let you fellas know how she does ...
                              Good info. I am pretty happy with the way my SR22P groups with just plain old Federal Bulk 525. But it would be fun to see if the CCI does better for me as it does for you.
                              Amazing how this little gun just shoots everything, never jams, and is accurate to boot.
                              Come and Take It!
                              I'm the only hell my momma ever raised ...

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                DuneShoot
                                Senior Member
                                • May 2010
                                • 1041

                                Are there any trigger mods that can be done to get rid of some of the creep and lighten the pull?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1