Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

10/22 stock and scope question and advice wanted.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smirnus3000
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 696

    10/22 stock and scope question and advice wanted.

    So today when I got to work I had a nice little surprise, my boss had got me a gift card for a 10/22 . What a great way to start a day!!! So right after work I went and put a basic 10/22 in jail. I got the basic one with plans of getting a nice little scope and an aftermarket stock. I like the boyd's ( http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/EVOLUT...-p/400-513.htm or http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/BLASTE.../400-515-s.htm ) not sure which one, help!
    As far as a scope goes I know they can get into some big $$, and it depends on intended use. So I would like to try and spend $50ish I'm willing to go more if it really is a HUGE difference. I plan on using my rifle to take out some cans and paper targets that have been causing some trouble at my local range, 50-150 yards.
    Thanks for all the help
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • #2
    aermotor
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    • Apr 2009
    • 2566

    The BARSKA 3-9x32 Plinker is a nice scope for $40. Get some decent rings and maybe the UTG picatinny rail and you're good.

    Comment

    • #3
      Mssr. Eleganté
      Blue Blaze Irregular
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 10401

      That BARSKA looks to have a fixed objective set for 50 yards, which is pretty typical for a rimfire scope. If you are planning to shoot from 50-150 yards at targets then an adjustable objective scope would be better. I haven't kept up on what the current best deal is for an AO rimfire scope, but the Simmons 22 Mag used to be considered a good deal.
      __________________

      "Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin

      Comment

      • #4
        donw
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 1754

        Simmons and BSA make very good .22 rimfire specific scopes, too.

        i personally have 2 Simmons, 10/22, scopes that are very good and I'm looking to get a BSA.

        you may also want to consider some of the great airguns scopes available, too as their parallax is adjusted for 50 yards, too.

        what ever you decide on, make sure it is rimfire specific OR has an adjustable objective or side focus.

        scopes that are centerfire focused (no AO/side focus) are usually difficult to 'zero' at less than 75 yards.

        good luck and tell/show us what you end up with.
        NRA life member, US Army Veteran

        i am a legend in my own mind...

        we are told not to judge muslims by what a few do...yet, the NRA membership and firearms owners are ALL considered as radical...

        "The second amendment ain't about your deer rifle..."

        Comment

        • #5
          Akers
          Banned
          • Aug 2011
          • 1332

          I put a Tasco world class on mine and couldn't be happier. I know the rule of thumb on scope vs. rifle, but think it goes out the window on 10/22.

          Comment

          • #6
            Izzy43
            CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
            • Dec 2009
            • 2670

            I like the Blaster stock, but that's just me. Don't like that big hole in the back of the Evolution, again that's just me. I have two boyd's stocks and they are a quality product.

            Two scopes that I like that are clear and bright. Simmons 22 Mag 3-9x32mm AO (joeboboutfitters.com) around $60 but look around may be less somewhere and if you want more magnification I suggest the Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5-20X50mm for $109+shipping @ midwayusa.com. The Whitetail is a large scope and some don't like the look of it on a .22 but its clear and bright. Easy to see .22 bullet holes on targets with the Whitetail but can't do that with the 3-9x.

            I have both of these scopes and just comes down to the look, use and $$$.

            Comment

            • #7
              NaClAddict
              Senior Member
              • May 2009
              • 1197

              Sign up at the Boyd's sight. They run killer sales from time to time if you're registered with them.

              Comment

              • #8
                smirnus3000
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2010
                • 696

                I went with the barska to get started. I also have a blaster in the pepper color on the way. I'll post some pics up in 9 days when i get to pick it up. Thanks for all the help!!
                America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
                Abraham Lincoln

                Comment

                • #9
                  deviljon
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 2513

                  Does the Barska mount on to the factory railmount that comes in the box? I just picked up my 10/22 (synthetic blued) last night and want to throw something on it just for fun.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    JAGACIDA
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 1211

                    Simmons has a 4x12x40mm with side parallax. I think it was $60.00 or so at Amazon. Very nice and bright with the QTA eyepiece.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Izzy43
                      CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 2670

                      Originally posted by deviljon
                      Does the Barska mount on to the factory railmount that comes in the box? I just picked up my 10/22 (synthetic blued) last night and want to throw something on it just for fun.
                      You will not believe how clear and bright this scope is and comes with rings:http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/prod...m%20511072.htm

                      I have had this mounted on two different .22 bolt rifles, CZ and Zastava and no movement of the scope and held zero on both.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        deviljon
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2011
                        • 2513

                        Originally posted by Izzy43
                        You will not believe how clear and bright this scope is and comes with rings:http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/prod...m%20511072.htm

                        I have had this mounted on two different .22 bolt rifles, CZ and Zastava and no movement of the scope and held zero on both.
                        Awesome, do you have pics of it mounted? You mentioned that it comes with rings, does that mean it installs right on to the factory provided rail piece?

                        ETA: is this the same thing but for $60 shipped?
                        Last edited by deviljon; 10-14-2011, 3:19 PM.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          v3git8tor
                          Junior Member
                          • Sep 2011
                          • 8

                          I bought a Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 as recommended by a gun shop. It's really bright and i love it so far. http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Banne...8637958&sr=1-8

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            smirnus3000
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2010
                            • 696

                            Ok picked up my 10/22 today got the stock and scope on. Now I get to go shoot it in the morning! Thanks for all the input.
                            America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
                            Abraham Lincoln

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Matt640h
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 593

                              Originally posted by aermotor
                              The BARSKA 3-9x32 Plinker is a nice scope for $40. Get some decent rings and maybe the UTG picatinny rail and you're good.

                              http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
                              Just ordered one, thanks for the link.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1