Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What to do with an old Ruger 10-22?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • delta9
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 1690

    What to do with an old Ruger 10-22?

    I have a Ruger 10-22 - purchased in 1988. It has a folding stock but I dont have the original 10 round magazine (I only have four 30 round magazines that I know that I cant sell). There is some light rust on the barrel.

    I haven't fired it in probably 20 years and don't see myself ever using it in the future.

    Would there be a market for a rifle like this? If not, what would be a responsible way to dispose of it?
  • #2
    w55
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 2438

    Originally posted by delta9
    I have a Ruger 10-22 - purchased in 1988. It has a folding stock but I dont have the original 10 round magazine (I only have four 30 round magazines that I know that I cant sell). There is some light rust on the barrel.

    I haven't fired it in probably 20 years and don't see myself ever using it in the future.

    Would there be a market for a rifle like this? If not, what would be a responsible way to dispose of it?
    **Tack weld open folding stock, take apart mags, put in for sale section?**

    Just my thought, Im sure someone else chime in if my thought is wrong, just wondering myself and thinking outloud,lol, get more opinons!!
    Last edited by w55; 09-07-2011, 6:49 PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      LoneWolf1
      Member
      • Mar 2010
      • 483

      IF you want to dispose of it, I can see that it is properly taken care of for a small fee.

      Seriously though, If you were to list it here for sale, It would probably go pretty quick.
      Originally posted by Ballistic043
      "sir, if its cool and serves a valid function its not gonna be legal here."

      Comment

      • #4
        microwaveguy
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 2291

        Originally posted by LoneWolf1
        IF you want to dispose of it, I can see that it is properly taken care of for a small fee.

        Seriously though, If you were to list it here for sale, It would probably go pretty quick.
        +1 to this ....... should go REAL quick on the classified section
        Just take it out of the stock and sell it as-is or with no stock .
        Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail.

        Beware of people who are certain they are right. That certainty allows them to justify almost any act in pursuit of their goals. ( Jack campbell , Guardian)

        Comment

        • #5
          xlittleklausyx
          Junior Member
          • Aug 2011
          • 27

          I'd buy it for the receiver and trigger group.

          Comment

          • #6
            CC Gunsmithing
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2011
            • 649

            I'll take it! I'm always looking for .22 rifles!
            http://ccgunsmithing.webs.com/

            Comment

            • #7
              w55
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2008
              • 2438

              lol, looks like op can dispose of it pretty easy

              Comment

              • #8
                Carsgunsandchics
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 3537

                There are people like me who have brand new take off barrels and stocks. They go cheap.
                Originally posted by fighterpilot562
                I am more of a sucker than a blower...

                Comment

                • #9
                  damon1272
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 4857

                  If you are serious about getting rid of it pm me you number and we can discuss selling it.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    CSACANNONEER
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 44094

                    DO NOT tack weld the stock. w55 obviously does not know the law. There is no law against having a folding stock on a rimfire rifle! And, if it's an original Ruger underfolder, it's worth a bit on it's own. Check gunbroker to see what asking prices are and what people are actually willing to pay for them. Chances are, your rifle is worth a bit more than you think it is.
                    NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                    California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                    Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                    Utah CCW Instructor


                    Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                    sigpic
                    CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                    KM6WLV

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ojisan
                      Agent 86
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Apr 2008
                      • 11781


                      Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                      I don't really care, I just like to argue.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        pennys dad
                        Arizona Ex-Pat
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 5984

                        I know something about these and this situation. Sell it to me
                        Pennys Dad

                        Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          w55
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2008
                          • 2438

                          Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                          DO NOT tack weld the stock. w55 obviously does not know the law. There is no law against having a folding stock on a rimfire rifle! And, if it's an original Ruger underfolder, it's worth a bit on it's own. Check gunbroker to see what asking prices are and what people are actually willing to pay for them. Chances are, your rifle is worth a bit more than you think it is.
                          No I dont that why i threw up the disclaimer.....just surprised it took 10 posts

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            scootergmc
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 4089

                            To my knowledge, Ruger has never made a commercially available 10/22 with a folding stock from the factory. Now if it does have an underfolder, and basing it on the age of the gun, it could possibly a Federal Ordnance, worth at least $200 by itself. Ramline made some GB style 10/22 folders, but those are rare, and even more expensive. There are also some old folders made by Feather Enterprises and those too will fetch big $$. Now if it's a regular ol' ramline, choate, ATI, Tapco, etc., then it's nothing special. Regardless, a 10/22 is easy to sell. Throw it up in the classifieds for $150. It'll sell in a second.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ojisan
                              Agent 86
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Apr 2008
                              • 11781

                              Fed Ordnance underfolder

                              Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                              I don't really care, I just like to argue.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1