Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Old v. New Ruger 10/22

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bullcoop
    Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 105

    Old v. New Ruger 10/22

    Is there any significant differences between a 40 yr old and a new 10/22?
    Like can I buy an extended mag release from Amazon and have it fit any Ruger 10/22?
    Thanks BC
  • #2
    Eljay
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 4985

    As far as I know you won't have any trouble in terms of using modern parts. The main difference is that the new ones have a lot more plastic in them. There was a change at some point to the hammer having bushings or not but it was a relatively recent change and replacement kits generally work both ways so I don't think that would cause you any trouble.

    Comment

    • #3
      scootergmc
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • 4089

      You can buy an extended release. It will fit an older gun.

      Comment

      • #4
        WDE91
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 3513

        the parts themselves have not changed in sizing or fitting
        its just how the and what the parts are made of

        If the part is legal to own in this state or for that matter if it made to fit a 10-22 it will fit your rifle
        "Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison

        Comment

        • #5
          Bullcoop
          Member
          • Apr 2011
          • 105

          OK how about this one...my Ser# has a 115 prefix so it's c. 1976.
          My question is how can I tell if its a Standard or Sporter?
          Thanks for the above info.
          BC

          Comment

          • #6
            WDE91
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2010
            • 3513

            I think if has the following it is a standard
            barrel band and the curved aluminum buttplate it is a Standard

            Though I suggest just giving Ruger a quick phonecall tomorrow they should be helpful

            O ya checkout Rimfirefirecentral
            "Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison

            Comment

            • #7
              me109g4
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 615

              The sporter has no barrel band and a flat buttplate.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1