Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just bought a bore snake

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Matches
    Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 102

    Just bought a bore snake

    After about 150 rounds I gave it a try in my 10/22. What a difference! I used a little bit of Kano Kroil on the snake and pulled it through.

    I'll let the photo do the talking



    Tried again after another 100 rounds, with more oil. Must have been too much oil the second time because my groups got ugly. Took 40 rounds before they came back together. No photos of that, sorry.

    Can't believe I have gone so long without one of these for every caliber!
  • #2
    BajaJames83
    Calguns Addict
    • Jun 2011
    • 6041

    there pertty sweet. i have one for every caliber i own..
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    USMC 2001-2012

    Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

    John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
    James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

    Comment

    • #3
      ccandgc
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2008
      • 2142

      Bore snakes are the best.....small enough to take anywhere, and easy to use.
      -Chad

      Comment

      • #4
        glock_this
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2005
        • 8225

        You know, for all the stuff I have - even Otis cleaning kits - I have no bore snakes. They have been on my list for years. I wish they made like a kit so I could get a 22lr, 9mm, 40, 223, 12ga all in 1 more affordable kit. Someday, I will finally get some of these but my Otis is pretty great, but a good old bore snake could be much faster and easier at times.
        10 +1 in the chamber

        Comment

        • #5
          MrExel17
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Feb 2011
          • 9170

          +100 for bore snake love there products!
          "Professionals practice to get it right, Operators practise to get it wrong."

          Comment

          • #6
            bob7122
            Calguns Addict
            • Jul 2010
            • 5090

            they are great. a definite "worth it" product.
            Originally posted by 2761377
            man's greatest accomplishments have been achieved in the face of futility.
            it's a piss poor excuse to quit.
            PSN name= entwie_dumayla
            "I came into this world with someone else's blood on me and I don't mind leaving the same way..."
            ***looking to buy in great condition yugo sks***

            Comment

            • #7
              davek8s
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2011
              • 2014

              I have a bore snake for every caliber i own. Then I found the patch worm. I like that the patch worm is more compact and 1 kit cleans all my guns.

              Comment

              • #8
                rojocorsa
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2008
                • 9139

                I have one for each caliber myself (except for 12ga--don't shoot enough trap to justify getting one--yet).

                These are most excellent products!
                sigpic
                7-6-2 FTMFW!

                "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

                Comment

                • #9
                  BayAreaShooter
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 5054

                  They are good for what they are. If you need something at the range or on a hunting trip they work great but I would never use them at home or as a primary cleaning system.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    shadow65
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 1301

                    Agreed. Still need to give a proper cleaning when you get home, although not as frequently for a .22 in my opinion.
                    Dave N
                    Independent Field Tester/Research and Developement

                    Better to die for something than live for nothing

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      joe321
                      Member
                      • May 2011
                      • 200

                      Originally posted by BayAreaShooter
                      They are good for what they are. If you need something at the range or on a hunting trip they work great but I would never use them at home or as a primary cleaning system.
                      why is that? People often say that more wear is done through cleaning the bore than through shooting it. So if the snake is able to make more surface contact with less abrasion, then wouldn't it be the ideal way to clean the bore?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Baga
                        Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • 367

                        They are very easy to use. I like it...
                        "The list that never ends..."

                        WTB: 9mm Carbine, preferably AR Type, PM me...

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          MongooseV8
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 4426

                          I pull my BoreSnake through once or twice on my 10/22 once I notice accuracy drop off. Brings the groups down for another 2-3k rounds.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Matches
                            Member
                            • Feb 2010
                            • 102

                            Originally posted by joe321
                            why is that? People often say that more wear is done through cleaning the bore than through shooting it. So if the snake is able to make more surface contact with less abrasion, then wouldn't it be the ideal way to clean the bore?
                            LULZ like using Windex to "neutralize" corrosive ammo? Myths.

                            Using a soft patch of cotton or other fabric is somehow more damaging than forcing a lump of metal down the bore at thousands of feet per second and at massive pressures?

                            Don't think I am making fun of you, only poking fun at myths people hold so dear

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ke6guj
                              Moderator
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Nov 2003
                              • 23725

                              Originally posted by Matches
                              Using a soft patch of cotton or other fabric is somehow more damaging than forcing a lump of metal down the bore at thousands of feet per second and at massive pressures?
                              its not the cotton patch that damages the barrel, but it is the cleaning rod rubbing against the bore scratching it or wearing it out. Ever heard of a rifle with a counter-bored muzzle? That is to try to minimize the damage caused by improper cleaning.
                              Jack



                              Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

                              No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1