Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger Mark II Issue with Bolt

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fleche
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 17

    Ruger Mark II Issue with Bolt

    Hi, guys, I just brought a Ruger Mark II pistol, took it to the range and it work beautifully.
    Then I took it apart for cleaning, took many hours for me to put it back together.

    I think I did everything right, but now when I pull on the bolt, it comes out ok, but won't slid back fully.

    I can still push it in and able to pull the trigger to get the hammer to drop.

    Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Attached Files
  • #2
    ZirconJohn
    Rattlesnake Hunter
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Sep 2007
    • 10378

    .
    Watch the whole VID... but pay close attention from about 3:48 and on...
    that there is the answer to your problem

    .
    "A rattlesnake that doesn't bite teaches you nothing" -- Jessamyn West
    "Only God has the touch to create these magnificent rattlesnakes and their signature greatness in nature" -- unknown
    .
    ......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel

    Comment

    • #3
      kgcabs
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 1156

      If you can't get it, pm me your phone number and I will talk you through the fix.

      Karl

      Comment

      • #4
        Fleche
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2010
        • 17

        I found that video too, the only thing that's not quite right is I don't feel the tension before snapping the spring assembly in...but I'm sure the little pin is in the right place, otherwise I can't pull the bolt back at all.

        Comment

        • #5
          Sheldon
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 2149

          If the strut is aligned with the swing out assembly correctly....then the spring in the swing out assembly may have failed?? Not common for the spring to fail....from what I have read/seen.

          Comment

          • #6
            ZirconJohn
            Rattlesnake Hunter
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Sep 2007
            • 10378

            @ Fleche

            You get your MK II back in working order yet...?
            .
            "A rattlesnake that doesn't bite teaches you nothing" -- Jessamyn West
            "Only God has the touch to create these magnificent rattlesnakes and their signature greatness in nature" -- unknown
            .
            ......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel

            Comment

            • #7
              Donny1
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2010
              • 2348

              Originally posted by ZirconJohn
              @ Fleche

              You get your MK II back in working order yet...?
              Where are you located?

              Comment

              • #8
                Fleche
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2010
                • 17

                I finally got it!
                Someone pointed me to this.


                My problem was #6, hammer pivot pin came out a little. Man, that's over 6 hours of total tinkering...I'm pretty sure I can put the darn thing back with my eyes closed now.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Donny1
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 2348

                  Originally posted by Fleche
                  I finally got it!
                  Someone pointed me to this.


                  My problem was #6, hammer pivot pin came out a little. Man, that's over 6 hours of total tinkering...I'm pretty sure I can put the darn thing back with my eyes closed now.
                  That's what happens with these. People whine and complain about how hard they are to work on but once you get past the initial PITA they are easy.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1