Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CA compliant 15-22??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • doubleactiononly
    Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 128

    CA compliant 15-22??

    I noticed S&W has a specific "CA Compliant" version of the 15-22.. The main difference seems to be the lack of a flash supressor.

    But what is the point of this, since according to the flowchart (if I'm reading it right) rimfires are not subject to the "assault weapon" rules and can have as many features as you want?
  • #2
    triplestack3
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 1286

    Originally posted by doubleactiononly
    I noticed S&W has a specific "CA Compliant" version of the 15-22.. The main difference seems to be the lack of a flash supressor.

    But what is the point of this, since according to the flowchart (if I'm reading it right) rimfires are not subject to the "assault weapon" rules and can have as many features as you want?
    probably means that it is sold with 10 round magazines instead of the standard 25 round magazines

    Comment

    • #3
      santamonica9
      In Memoriam
      • Mar 2009
      • 1475

      yes that is correct - you get the 10/25 rounders (look like the 25 but have a stop @ 10)

      you can get the MOE version in CA that already has the Comp in the front -> CA is very anti flash suppressor or any noise suppressor -> you can find the fake cans on tactical22.com - they also sell the limiters for the 25 rounders
      I mainly shoot .22lr, 9mm,45 acp, 357 & 38, 12G, 7.62x39, .308, .223/556, 7.62x54r, 300 win mag, 8x57
      God Bless USA

      Comment

      • #4
        Peter.Steele
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2010
        • 7351

        Originally posted by doubleactiononly
        I noticed S&W has a specific "CA Compliant" version of the 15-22.. The main difference seems to be the lack of a flash supressor.

        But what is the point of this, since according to the flowchart (if I'm reading it right) rimfires are not subject to the "assault weapon" rules and can have as many features as you want?

        When the gun was first introduced, they didn't have any real option packages like they do now. It was just the basic rifle, and it came with a 25-round magazine. Then they made a California-compliant package, and the only difference is just the magazine. Since then they've done some other optional things - like the MOE version, which I think comes with the flash hider.
        NRA Life Member

        No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          doubleactiononly
          Member
          • Mar 2011
          • 128

          ah thanks.. that clears things up

          is the thread on the MOE version standard? IE can I put on any standard AR flash supressor?

          Comment

          • #6
            donking
            Senior Member
            • May 2010
            • 630

            Originally posted by doubleactiononly
            ah thanks.. that clears things up

            is the thread on the MOE version standard? IE can I put on any standard AR flash supressor?
            I was looking at them in the store the other day. IIRC, the muzzle was not threaded, so no standard AR flash suppressor option.

            Comment

            • #7
              dogg1er
              Junior Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 47

              But being as you can add a flash hider to a rimfire you can get the barrel of the base model threaded, the MOE version comes with a threaded barrel.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                de1911
                Junior Member
                CGN Contributor
                • Jul 2011
                • 66

                Are all evil features other than NFA and over 10 round mags legal for rimfires (flash hider, vfg, etc)?

                Comment

                • #9
                  resident-shooter
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 2777

                  It's probably made of wood and says "die u liberal hippie" on the stock, if its cali specific

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    TheDeej
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2010
                    • 510

                    I believe the MOE is standard thread and will accept AR muzzle devices. Nutnfancy has a video on the rifle in his long-winded style and I think he mentioned this.
                    Originally posted by MrPlink
                    what guitar would you recommend for SHTF?
                    I think I would go with a Telecaster. The bolt on neck would be the strongest to deal with terrorist zombies. I know most folks will say Strat, but I think the trem system is unreliable.
                    I mean, who needs to dive bomb when SHTF? That only happens in movies.
                    CERTIFIABLE RIMFIRE JUNKIE.

                    Alpinestars Track Pants for sale!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      eldog36
                      Junior Member
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 32

                      The threads will accept any AR muzzle device or barrel shrouds. No suppressors or 10+ mags and you're good to go. VFG's, AFG's bipods and whatever else you can stick on rails are safe as well except grenade launchers.
                      Last edited by eldog36; 07-19-2011, 9:23 AM.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1