Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1985 Marlin Model 60 Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • shokatsu
    Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 147

    1985 Marlin Model 60 Question

    I have a 1985 model 60 that I need to replace the feed throat and recoil spring. In looking at Numrich's site it states there are old models and new models. Is the 1985 considered old or new? The Bolt does stay open after the 18th round is fired if that helps??
  • #2
    orion5457
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 72

    I have an 82 model 60 and I buy the old with no problems...Not sure that helps though...

    Comment

    • #3
      Izzy43
      CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
      • Dec 2009
      • 2670

      Originally posted by shokatsu
      I have a 1985 model 60 that I need to replace the feed throat and recoil spring. In looking at Numrich's site it states there are old models and new models. Is the 1985 considered old or new? The Bolt does stay open after the 18th round is fired if that helps??
      I think you have the "new" model. I believe the difference is the last shot hold open feature in that model. You might want to go over to rimfirecentral.com and ask the question just to be sure. They will know.

      Comment

      • #4
        bigthaiboy
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • 4795

        Sounds like you have the new version of the old model (18rd tube), before they went over to the shorter 14rd Model 60, sometime in the mid-80s.

        Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose.

        Comment

        • #5
          animal661
          Member
          • Jan 2011
          • 279

          old models are 18 shot and bolt closed
          new models are 15 shot and bolt open on last round
          Actually the bolt is shaped different - angled edges vs square edges but open/closed last round normally works
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          - Benjamin Franklin

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1