I think this is a very new thing. At least its new enough (2011) and none of the local shops or online places I frequent carry it.
Hornady's Critical Defense in .22 mag. Appears to use a primer & propellant optimized for shorter, pistol/revolver .22mag. 45 gr, with a hollow point behind a poly-tip. I'm guessing this aids in penetration before expansion. A ballastic gellatin test by hornady compared this to a .380, and this was with a tiny ~2" pocket revolver. the .380 was a ~2 " barrel as well. Just speculation, but if as advertised, this new round should rocket out of 4.5"-6" .22mag revolvers. Exciting news for us convertible SA revolver owners.
Hornady's Critical Defense in .22 mag. Appears to use a primer & propellant optimized for shorter, pistol/revolver .22mag. 45 gr, with a hollow point behind a poly-tip. I'm guessing this aids in penetration before expansion. A ballastic gellatin test by hornady compared this to a .380, and this was with a tiny ~2" pocket revolver. the .380 was a ~2 " barrel as well. Just speculation, but if as advertised, this new round should rocket out of 4.5"-6" .22mag revolvers. Exciting news for us convertible SA revolver owners.




Comment