Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Dressed up my new SW 15/22...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Steve1968LS2
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2010
    • 9275

    Dressed up my new SW 15/22...

    Bought this used for a great price and decided to dress it up with some of the extra AR stuff I had laying around. In fact I chose this over the Sig 522 for that very reason...

    Stock rifle:



    Added the following:

    Magpul MOE stock (gets rid of that damn rattle)
    Magpul flip up sights (ditches bulky ones included)
    Mounted extra Eotech 512 (yea, it's real)
    Rail Mounted QD lug (now that I have the MOE stock)
    Magpul MOE grip (fits "ok")
    And that eBay gizmo that lets you put a flash hider/comp on a non-threaded barrelt. Looks ok for now but later I will most likely have the barrel turned.

    Anyway, now my wife has a tacticool rifle to shoot with

    After:
    Originally posted by tony270
    It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
    Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA
  • #2
    tempdrummer
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2007
    • 833

    Woah! How did you convert from a 12ga to .22? Is it the same twist rate?

    Comment

    • #3
      Steve1968LS2
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Feb 2010
      • 9275

      Originally posted by tempdrummer
      Woah! How did you convert from a 12ga to .22? Is it the same twist rate?
      lol.. you caught me before I fixed the picture.. upgrading a M4 Benneli to a MP 15/22 would be.. uh... wierd..
      Originally posted by tony270
      It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
      Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA

      Comment

      • #4
        tempdrummer
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2007
        • 833

        Originally posted by Steve1968LS2
        lol.. you caught me before I fixed the picture.. upgrading a M4 Benneli to a MP 15/22 would be.. uh... wierd..
        haha. That's a sweet benneli BTW. Love the MP 15-22. I always thought the MOE gear looked great and I really dig the mbus sights. They match up real nicely with the EOtech. Badass rifle!

        Comment

        • #5
          Gryff
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2006
          • 12693

          Originally posted by Steve1968LS2
          And that eBay gizmo that lets you put a flash hider/comp on a non-threaded barrelt.
          Link?
          My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

          Comment

          • #6
            Steve1968LS2
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Feb 2010
            • 9275

            Originally posted by Gryff
            Link?


            Worked great but I wish the OD was little less to better match up with the A2 I had laying around.
            Originally posted by tony270
            It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
            Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA

            Comment

            • #7
              jackandblood
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2010
              • 1125

              well to each his own. but I like look of the stock version more. Especially the simple elegance of the bull barrel style muzzle.
              Dont go against the grain if you cant handle it - Wu Tang

              Comment

              • #8
                762.DEFENSE
                Calguns Addict
                • Aug 2010
                • 6314

                Good looking rifle, I want to get the pistol version soon!

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1