Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

ruger new model 6

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • westsiderippa
    Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 256

    ruger new model 6

    i have been thinking about a nice little single action plinker for a while and have been eying this little guy. any thoughts? i have never shot one. it would be used for plinking cans etc. around camp and teaching first time friends how to shoot. just want it for a fun gun. i am assuming its going to be of great quality being a ruger and being a single action revolver i cant imagine any reliability issues. how is the finish on these? found one close to me off gun gennie for $510 otd. while on the gun gennie subject, does that otd price include cost of dros? i am assuming no but just curious.

    im looking at the 4 in blued. thanks for your thoughts and please feel free to add pics.

  • #2
    surfNshoot
    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
    • Mar 2008
    • 1444

    I have an old 5.5iinch 3 screw. Love it. My buddy picked up a stainless one recently its a great shooter. I do like the trigger on his new one but I still like mine more. I can unload mine much faster because it locks perfectly lined up with the rod. Great guns!!

    Comment

    • #3
      EdCo
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2008
      • 864

      Originally posted by westsiderippa
      i have been thinking about a nice little single action plinker for a while and have been eying this little guy. any thoughts? i have never shot one. it would be used for plinking cans etc. around camp and teaching first time friends how to shoot. just want it for a fun gun. i am assuming its going to be of great quality being a ruger and being a single action revolver i cant imagine any reliability issues. how is the finish on these? found one close to me off gun gennie for $510 otd. while on the gun gennie subject, does that otd price include cost of dros? i am assuming no but just curious.

      im looking at the 4 in blued. thanks for your thoughts and please feel free to add pics.

      http://www.ruger.com/products/newMod...ets/10623.html
      Yes it includes taxes and dros.

      Comment

      • #4
        slowxturtle
        Member
        • Apr 2006
        • 251

        Very nice. Is that available in ca? Dont see it on the roster or any other 22 revolvers.

        Comment

        • #5
          rabidmonk
          Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 314

          I've had my 5.5" SS single six for about 2 months now. It's a really fun plinker, pretty accurate, cheap on ammo and will eat anything I feed it, even the remington 22lr stuff none of my other 22s like. 22 magnums are fun to shoot in it as well, though not quite as cost effective. It is slower to unload, but it's currently my favorite handgun.

          Comment

          • #6
            cmichini
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2008
            • 1739

            Originally posted by slowxturtle
            Very nice. Is that available in ca? Dont see it on the roster or any other 22 revolvers.
            I'd check but I think that single action revolvers are roster-exempt.

            Again, trust but verify.
            NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
            NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

            Comment

            • #7
              SteveMartin
              Senior Member
              • May 2009
              • 796

              I love mine. It's almost as old as me (almost 50) and it shoots better than me.

              Comment

              • #8
                slowxturtle
                Member
                • Apr 2006
                • 251

                Originally posted by cmichini
                I'd check but I think that single action revolvers are roster-exempt.

                Again, trust but verify.
                I'll check it out. Thanks for the lead

                Comment

                • #9
                  westsiderippa
                  Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 256

                  thanks for the feedback everyone. going to pick one of these up 30 days after we make this keltec pf9 group buy here on cgf. or sooner if that group buy falls through.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    41M
                    Junior Member
                    • May 2010
                    • 92

                    Single actions of a minimum length are exempt, the Sturm, Ruger Single-Six falls under this. Very reliable and easy to use revolver, I have seen new ones in stores in the low $400s range. Also, comes with the .22 Mag cylinder.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1