Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Breaking in a new Marlin 60

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    PutTogether
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 2370

    Originally posted by Ike Arumba
    The manual says the action should be oiled sparingly prior to reassembly. I'm wondering, how sparingly? There are a lot of pivots and sliding places. If I get them all, it won't seem like very sparing, especially if I spray them with an aerosol lubricant. An answers.com note on cleaning a Glenfield 60 says to use 3 or 4 drops of light oil, but there are more than 3 or 4 places that might need lubrication.


    Drop a couple drops of oil on a Q tip and barely touch the moving surfaces with it. That'll be a enough.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #17
      Merc1138
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Feb 2009
      • 19742

      Sparingly means put it on, and wipe almost all of it back off. You want to leave a very thin layer of oil, not a visible one. What PutTogether said about using the q-tip would minimize wasted lubricant. If your lube is in a spray bottle, spray it on the q-tip first.

      Comment

      • #18
        Ike Arumba
        Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 302

        Very good. Thank you for the advice, PutTogether and Merc.
        He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the munition, watch the way, make thy loins strong, fortify thy power mightily.
        -- Nahum 2:1

        Comment

        • #19
          rattlesnake_nm
          Banned
          • Jan 2011
          • 666

          Remington Golden bullets are garbage. About 1/4 are duds. Not to mention it's about the most inconsistent 22lr on the market. If You want sub moa groups using bulk ammo federal is the way to go. I've tried Federal auto match, but its just a tad hotter, and not anymore accurate.

          Comment

          • #20
            Dion
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2011
            • 818

            Clean, oil, fire. Repeat.
            www.dionridesbikes.com

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1