It is on sale right now at Turners. Anyone have any experience with them? Specs are very close to the Compact without iron sight and synthetic stock. 3/4" longer trigger pull.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Ruger 10/22 Tactical
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
Yep, it's a great little gun. I'm selling mine right now if you're interested. PM your way.Comment
-
The standard synthetic stocked ones were on sale for $189 a couple of months ago. This one looks the same just a cheesy flash hider on it. Unless the "hammer forged" barrel is the better one the put on the target model, I'd pass. Since 90% of 10/22 owners end up replacing the barrel and stock at some point, if that not the exact setup you want, I would stick with the basic model and mod that.Comment
-
No, its not that one, its a cheaper version, no free floated barrel, etc.
Comment
-
None of the 10/22's have a free floated barrel from the factory. I have a hammer forged barreled Target model that shoots wonderfully. However the Tactical FS appears to be just a regular carbine/barrel with a flash hider and a weaver rail....Comment
-
How cheezy!Comment
-
-
I think the ads said hammer forged barreledComment
-
It might be hammer forged but looking at Rugers website I doesnt look like it to me. Its a new rifle combo so many of us have never seen one in person. Im just speculating
Nerfherder, yes mine is a 20" Hammer Forged barrel. 10/22's arent free floated because there is only one screw holding in the action and the barrel is pivot/clamped to the receiver. Ruger made some bad design choices IMO that dont allow free floating like a regular rifle. Some people do free float their barrels but most of them have the barrels/receivers threaded and bed the action. The best fixes add a second action screw at the rear of the receiver, doing away with the teeter-totter action problem.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,684
Posts: 25,150,439
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,868
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 17858 users online. 142 members and 17716 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment