Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Troubles with 522 magazines

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 9mmlaw
    Member
    • Jul 2002
    • 254

    Troubles with 522 magazines

    Anyone have problems buying extra magazines for their 522. I bought from both Midway and 44mag and the mags were too tight nor could the magazines be taken apart and sanded down to make them thinner. The screws did not have any type of head on them.

    I have now ordered directly from Black Dog and hopefully that solves the problem. Sig wanted an outrageous $14 to ship a $26 magazine.

    Anyone else having problems.
  • #2
    genesis121
    Junior Member
    • May 2010
    • 93

    I have 2 from Black Dog and they fit and work great. Zero problems

    Comment

    • #3
      munkeeboi
      Veteran Member
      • May 2008
      • 4997

      what mags did you buy from midway and 44mag? BDM mags too? the sig mags are just re-branded Black Dog mags. I use black dogs and have no problems as well

      GO BRUINS!


      AK, AR, & Custom Featureless grip wraps
      iTrader Thread

      Comment

      • #4
        Longhill
        Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 201

        Troubles with 522 magazines

        My stock one was tight the Black Dogs magazines were fine.
        I took the stock one apart and sanded down one side without the nibs.
        Put it back together and now fits fine.

        Comment

        • #5
          9mmlaw
          Member
          • Jul 2002
          • 254

          The Black Dogs did not work. They were the ones that were too tight. Hopefully the ones straight from Black Dog will work out.

          Comment

          • #6
            GM4spd
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2008
            • 5682

            Originally posted by genesis121
            I have 2 from Black Dog and they fit and work great. Zero problems
            Same here--NEVER any mag problems,coming or going, or using ANY type
            of ammo. SIG 522 is IT! Pete


            Comment

            • #7
              surfNshoot
              CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
              • Mar 2008
              • 1445

              I read somewhere that the early sig branded blackdog mags had some sizing issues. I confirmed this when I purchased one from a local vendor in the OC. I took it back and swaped it for a blackdog branded mag and had no problems after that.

              Comment

              • #8
                Ivanhoe
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 577

                the mags on mine (stock sig and one black dog from Midway) both needed to be taken apart and sanded. They are held together by very small torx screws. Are you sure you looked at the heads closely?

                Comment

                • #9
                  WeekendWarrior
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 3536

                  I have 6 Black Dog mags and 2 CMMG mags with no problems. I did need to cut the extra tab off the follower on some of the BDM ones as they would stick when they were fully loaded. I just snipped em off with scissors.
                  sigpic
                  in the hands of
                  OH MY!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    9mmlaw
                    Member
                    • Jul 2002
                    • 254

                    Originally posted by Ivanhoe
                    the mags on mine (stock sig and one black dog from Midway) both needed to be taken apart and sanded. They are held together by very small torx screws. Are you sure you looked at the heads closely?
                    Under a magnifying glass. New ones came in today and I hope those work, if not I will look again but thanks for the heads up that they are torx head.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1