Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
AR-22 complete rifles
Collapse
X
-
AR-22 complete rifles
Shop at Amazon via http://www.shop42a.com - up to 15% of all sales go back to Calguns Foundation!Tags: None -
No one to my knowledge. I have been looking lately too. I also like the cmmg because it has the last shot bolt hold open feature.THEGRAYHAM -
Does the Spikes ST-22 count? Not nearly as good a deal as the CMMG. I just ordered a CMMG upper sans bolt because I already have a conversion bolt. Man, $264 is incredible deal for that.sigpicComment
-
I just bought a CMMG dedicated upper, its a standard M4 upper with their barrel and bolt system. The barrel extends about a third of the way into the ejection port, which makes the barrel look like a 14.5" unit.
The bolt system is not the same as their .22 conversion kit, its held in place with a spring loaded detent and you need to give it a little tug to get it out.
In my opinion its a well thought unit and very well made, and it uses the same mags as my Sig 522
My problem is I haven't been able to get to the range yet, hopefuly next week.
JimThe large print giveth, the small print taketh away.
Tom Waits.Comment
-
I just bought a CMMG dedicated upper, its a standard M4 upper with their barrel and bolt system. The barrel extends about a third of the way into the ejection port, which makes the barrel look like a 14.5" unit.
The bolt system is not the same as their .22 conversion kit, its held in place with a spring loaded detent and you need to give it a little tug to get it out.
In my opinion its a well thought unit and very well made, and it uses the same mags as my Sig 522
My problem is I haven't been able to get to the range yet, hopefuly next week.
Jim
Are you sure it's not the same as the conversion? They told me all I need to do is replace the chamber adapter with the barrel collar that comes with the upper and it's good to go.sigpicComment
-
Its possible we're talking about two different things, here is the barrel and bolt on my dedicated upper.
And I got to use my camera for the first time in ages
JimThe large print giveth, the small print taketh away.
Tom Waits.Comment
-
Ah, yes. Perfect - exactly what I wanted to see! The bolt assembly is the same, but there's a collar that fits around the chamber now, instead of having the .22 chamber adapter insert into the 5.56 chamber. Cool stuff. Now I'm even more excited to get mine =) Unfortunately, it won't be shipping for almost a week =(
By the way, is yours "mil spec anodized" or did you choose the standard finish? I went with the standard finish thinking I might just go ahead and spray it another color at some point.sigpicComment
-
Oh, and thanks for the pics!sigpicComment
-
I went with the mill spec finish, it matches the finish on my lower, I did opt out from the gas deflector, it just doesn't look right
As far as the photos go, I had forgotten how well the digital camera see's any piece of lint or dirt
JimThe large print giveth, the small print taketh away.
Tom Waits.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,653
Posts: 25,150,112
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,868
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 16877 users online. 128 members and 16749 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment