Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Remington 241 Speedmaster Take Down question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • professionalcoyotehunter
    Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 12805

    Remington 241 Speedmaster Take Down question

    I need a new stock if anyone can help me out. I find some that need finishing but I need one I can just bolt on.
    Last edited by professionalcoyotehunter; 07-19-2010, 1:58 PM.
  • #2
    jyo
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2008
    • 5320

    I have owned several of these fun little rifles both made in Belgium and in Japan---I can't ever recall seeing one without checkering on both the buttstock and fore end. There were somewhat close copies of this gun made by Remington (model 241?) that did not have checkering. Maybe a picture would help.

    Comment

    • #3
      Thefeeder
      Calguns Addict
      • Jun 2007
      • 5007

      <>

      A few pics would be ticket

      Some early models were not imported..is the barrel 19"

      I have seen 100's of these and own a few....all are checkered.

      You can take the stock off and see if it is numbered to the gun.

      Comment

      • #4
        Thefeeder
        Calguns Addict
        • Jun 2007
        • 5007

        Just to be sure....the #'s stamped on the stock match?

        If this is the case the next step is to measure the thickness of the pistol grip and compare it to the others....A piece of string around it and measure the string....Your looking for 1/4" differance....point is if it was sanded in the past.

        Comment

        • #5
          Thefeeder
          Calguns Addict
          • Jun 2007
          • 5007

          Fair enough PCH....send some pics and barrel stamping. If you don't want to post ..PM me.

          Comment

          • #6
            Air
            Senior Member
            • May 2005
            • 1640

            Mine is a Miroku (Japan) Grade I, with checkering.




            Check out Stocky's Stocks. They might have something?

            Comment

            • #7
              professionalcoyotehunter
              Banned
              • Nov 2008
              • 12805

              I took a closer look and realized upon closer examination I was looking at my Remington speedmaster. They are almost identical. Sorry for the confusion.


              Last edited by professionalcoyotehunter; 07-07-2010, 8:38 AM.

              Comment

              • #8
                BigJB
                Veteran Member
                • May 2009
                • 2822

                so do you need a speedmaster stock or a browning?
                "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

                -Dwight D. Eisenhower

                Comment

                • #9
                  professionalcoyotehunter
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 12805

                  speedmaster. I cant find one either.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Viper49
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 520

                    Try Numrich Gun Parts Company.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      professionalcoyotehunter
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12805

                      No luck there. I also tried Midwest.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        BigJB
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2009
                        • 2822

                        "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

                        -Dwight D. Eisenhower

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          professionalcoyotehunter
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 12805

                          They had one but it is not finished and does not come with a butt plate. I would not know where to start to do it.
                          Last edited by professionalcoyotehunter; 07-07-2010, 12:34 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            professionalcoyotehunter
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 12805

                            Bought one but when it arrived the stock was cracked. so I would like anyones input on where to get one.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1