My Grandfather in AK died and it looks like I'm getting his Browning SA22. This is the model that you load through the side of the stock. A relative of mine is looking at sending it to me, but had a question about the legality of it in CA. The tube magazine holds 11 rounds. Is this an issue? I browsed a bit through the forums and didn't see any mention of it. Looking at the assault weapons flowchart, it's a no, but I didn't know how much that pertained to .22s. I am currently at work, so I wasn't able to read all the fine print either, so I may have missed something. Any one know?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Browning Semi-Auto .22 question
Collapse
X
-
I have a Marlin 60 that holds 18 rounds in a tubular magazine. Totally legal in Ca. I believe the 10 round rule only applies to removable magazines which the tube type is NOT.
I think the rifle will have to be shipped to an FFL holder and registered in Ca through DROS even though it is coming to you through inheritance. ( I am not sure it can be transferred to you as a family member since your grandfather is deceased, my condolences). Best to check with a local gunshop that you are confident with for info on the transfer and costs. If its a Browning its gotta be good. -
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,816
Posts: 25,151,959
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 10364 users online. 130 members and 10234 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.




Comment