Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Favorite Rimfire Scopes, $50 to $150?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gurney
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2007
    • 97

    Favorite Rimfire Scopes, $50 to $150?

    Looks as if many of us will be owners of new Marlin 795s in the next few weeks.

    What scopes are your favorites in the lower-cost category?

    Any especially-good deals for good scopes running right now?
    Hatred has never won the peace. The most hatred has ever won is a lull between wars.
    **************************************
    If you want to get to know people, learn their music. Then learn their cooking. Then watch how your kids play together.
  • #2
    Scratch705
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2009
    • 12537

    i'm just using a leapers scope for my 10/22

    decent for the price (under $50) although there is some slight edge blurriness.
    Originally posted by leelaw
    Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
    Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
    Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
    Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
    Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

    Comment

    • #3
      Izzy43
      CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
      • Dec 2009
      • 2670

      I like my Mueller APV ($115@joeboboutfitters.com) and my Centerpoint 4-16x from Walmart ($70). Mueller is much clearer but the Centerpoint if pretty good out to 100yds. Not the brightest scope but hey, it ain't $400.

      Comment

      • #4
        j1133s
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2007
        • 1343

        I think your best bet for this price range is an used Weaver T-6/T-10. Those can be had for ~$100 or less.

        Scopes are funny IMHO. They all suck from $20-$250/300, then at $300 price point, they are all pretty decent. I.e. the improvement is not linear but a giant step function. Important to stick to brand names and model lines.

        Again, I'd consider buying used at that pice point.

        Comment

        • #5
          jdewolf
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 1846

          I use a 3-9 BSA Sweet 22. Gets the job done and can be had for 40'ish.
          Need Pest Control? Message me!

          "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." - Hemingway

          Comment

          • #6
            Lex
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2010
            • 1232

            I just picked up a AIM 6-24 x 50mm from ehobbysports.com. This is for my .22 WMR. The scope is beautiful.
            Beyond a Camper

            Comment

            • #7
              XDRoX
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2009
              • 4420

              If you don't mind big, then this is one of the best scopes available.
              Chris
              <----Rimfire Addict


              Originally posted by Oceanbob
              Get a DILLON...

              Comment

              • #8
                hylander
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 3872

                Originally posted by Izzy43
                I like my Mueller APV ($115@joeboboutfitters.com)
                +1
                I have one on my Custom 10/22 and another will be here tomorrow
                for my 917V
                Failure is not an Option

                Comment

                • #9
                  Glackowitz
                  Junior Member
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 81

                  I have a Simmons .22mag 4-9X32.

                  Was 39.99 at Sportsmans Warehouse, comes with ok rings. Now that I have tightened them down with a driver it hasnt moved



                  I have the 511039 matte black

                  Its mounted up on my 795
                  Last edited by Glackowitz; 06-09-2010, 9:17 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Gregchico
                    Vendor/Retailer
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 2377

                    Mueller is a nice scope for the money.

                    I use this one on my 17.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      oddjob
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2003
                      • 2399

                      Mueller APV on my 17 hmr. Good scope for the money!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        sniper4usmc
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2010
                        • 1984

                        I like pre 2000 Tasco Mag IV scopes
                        USMC 95-99

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Thefeeder
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jun 2007
                          • 5007

                          &lt;&gt;

                          You can get an older Vari X-II 3x9x40 on E-*** for 150-170 a 2x7x33 for 125.00

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Mssr. Eleganté
                            Blue Blaze Irregular
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 10401

                            Go over to the Rimfire Central classifieds and try to get a used Bushnell Scopechief.
                            __________________

                            "Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Hyper
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 664

                              Originally posted by Gurney
                              Looks as if many of us will be owners of new Marlin 795s in the next few weeks.

                              What scopes are your favorites in the lower-cost category?

                              Any especially-good deals for good scopes running right now?
                              Burris Fullfield II & Nikon Prostaff lines...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1