I was wondering what is the general opinion about the Walther P22. Is it a good gun? Cheap to buy? Is it picky with ammo? etc.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Walther P22?
Collapse
X
-
Walther P22?
Tags: None -
Great gun. I don't think they are necessarily cheap.. I paid close to $500 after DROS for my extended barrel version. A lot of people will say it's picky with ammo, but I've yet to come across a brand mine doesn't chew through. It's accurate and very fun to shoot. -
Go to http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php Hit the subform Walther. All you ever wanted to know about the P22 and the expert that knows all and has written a P22 bible.Comment
-
Saw one of these up close. Man they are a tiny little gun. I thought they would be more like it's big brother. Looks like it's between a full size and a Derringer. Looks cool but is so small.
Yeah I know that's what she said.
Sent from Cyber Space, using the Force!Comment
-
I had one. Great little plinker. It only got finicky with ammo after about 400 rounds at a time. I ended up selling it as the slide is made out of a zinc alloy that showed accelerated wear. The P22 bible has a method to counter act this. I planned on buying another and going through all the mods listed. Instead I bought a rifle and am now forever broke.
Comment
-
I know from first hand experience that they don't take abuse very well, a friend of mine's son dropped one from less than 4 feet onto Arizona dirt and broke the safety. I was shocked to say the least... a light gun dropped on dirt shouldn't break anything... but my heart!! This is just my experience though, i do hear that there fun little shooters, but for that much money i can build one of these http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2797/1435855400l.jpgComment
-
This is my experience. Remington HV bulk, Winchester bulk, CCI, all functioned without a malfunction. Add the fact that this was in very windy and sandy/dusty conditions. The gun became dry, full of sand/dirt and never a malfunction.Comment
-
I love my p22, fun as hell, accurate, not picky at all with ammo, and I bout one new for 430 including fees... awesome little plinker.Comment
-
I had one back before the DOJ decided it was a assault weapon
because of the threaded barrel. I bought it BECAUSE of the versatility in being able to swap out the barrels.
As far as the gun itself, it was neat. Not as accurate as I had hoped for. No real problems with ammo. Occasional FTF/ FTE issues. Maybe it was ammo, maybe from being dirty. Overall, a better gun than the Sig Mosquito I had.
Once the DOJ said it had to be nuetered, I sold it to a friend. He loves it.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,548
Posts: 25,148,997
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,901
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 18246 users online. 118 members and 18128 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment