Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

522 out of Jail

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ZNiner
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 1030

    522 out of Jail

    So yesterday I picked up my 522 after the 10 day wait period. I ended up buying a Browning Buckmark Standard pistol while waiting for the shop to process the pick up of my rifle. I will be grabbing the pistol on May 12th, which also happens to be my birthday. Thinking of taking the day off of work and hitting the range with my rimfire additions.

    Here are some shots of the new Sig 522:

    Full length:



    Closer pic of the receiver:



    A pic of it against the wall:



    A pic of the A2 style flash hider, not sure if it is pinned or not, forgot to check:

    sigpic
  • #2
    ZNiner
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 1030

    One of the things I love about this rifle is that it comes apart real easy just like an AR-15, no tools needed and it is apart in less than 10 seconds:



    A shot of the upper receiver and bolt:



    A shot of the lower receiver and the fire control group, which is also very similar to the AR platform:



    I will be getting a set of MI folding iron sights and a primary arms 1x4 - 24 scope. I will be grabbing some black dog 10 round mags too, another reason why I went with the 522 as it doesn't use proprietary mags.

    Looking forward to taking it to the range and breaking it in soon. I will post more pics when I get my Browning Buckmark in.

    Edit

    Just wanted to thank the folks on Calguns for helping me find a shop close by where I could find this beauty for a reasonable price. I swear, my gun collection has exploded since the first time I stumbled on this site...lol
    Last edited by ZNiner; 05-02-2010, 9:25 AM. Reason: Wanted to add a thanks to everyone.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      davy
      Member
      • Apr 2010
      • 338

      Congrats, I'm looking at the 522 also, just accumulating the funds. How much did you buy yours for again? Case included?

      Comment

      • #4
        ZNiner
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 1030

        It was 525 and came out to 590ish with tax and DROS. I looked at a bunch of different models before settling on the 522. It came with the case, which is way too huge for the rifle.


        Pros for me:

        Easy to take apart
        Takes Black Dog Mags
        Seems to not be too choosy with ammo

        Cons:

        Doesn't come with any kind of sights
        Pricey
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          lorax3
          Super Moderator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Jan 2009
          • 4633

          Had my 522 for about a month now, still need to get some sights for it but have not gotten around to it.

          Not too bad of a price IMO, about the same price as a dedicated .22 AR upper.
          You think you know, but you have no idea.

          The information posted here is not legal advice. If you seek legal advice hire an attorney who is familiar with all the facts of your case.

          Comment

          • #6
            Jim McCoin
            Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 114

            Just curious, what's the date of manufacture, mines from mid March and has a welded Swiss style flash hider.

            I know there are more important things going on in the world, just wondering if the welded one is to keep calif happy, or maybe it dose'nt matter.

            Jim
            The large print giveth, the small print taketh away.

            Tom Waits.

            Comment

            • #7
              ZNiner
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2009
              • 1030

              Originally posted by Jim McCoin
              Just curious, what's the date of manufacture, mines from mid March and has a welded Swiss style flash hider.

              I know there are more important things going on in the world, just wondering if the welded one is to keep calif happy, or maybe it dose'nt matter.

              Jim
              I just checked the flash hider and did not find anything indicating that it had been pinned on.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                chucksolo69
                Member
                • Aug 2009
                • 388

                Congrats. You are going to have fun with your rifle. I currently have a BSA RGB dot sight on mine and find it accurate and reliable to shoot.

                Comment

                • #9
                  WeekendWarrior
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 3536

                  you will be extremely happy with your purchase! My friends all love my 522, and it is dead on accurate at 50 yards with cheap ammo. I put a primary arms DMR clone on it (1-4x) - Its amazing how fast and accurate it is to shoot even when shoulder firing it. Congrats and enjoy!
                  sigpic
                  in the hands of
                  OH MY!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1