Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

17hm2 enough power?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mif_slim
    replied
    Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
    Wonder if that was what Mr. Fudd was using as well?

    No audio, but...did the guy break bugs bunnys neck before draggin em away? lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Shoot-it
    replied
    I have killed a lot of squirrels with the 17hmr and a few still make it back to their hole.They are tuff critters .

    It would work on a coyote if you just head shoot them.The 17 has no kick and is accurate so a head shot in less than 100 yards should not be a problem.

    Leave a comment:


  • WeekendWarrior
    replied
    Benbangui -those were some awesome photos of you guys shooting by the water. That must have been a blast!

    Leave a comment:


  • WeekendWarrior
    replied
    Wonder if that was what Mr. Fudd was using as well?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jpach
    replied
    Killer rifle and shots brotha. Thats strange how the eyeballs werent popping out of the rabbits eye sockets. They tend to do that when I get head shots with my .22. Very very nice. How much did the rifle itself cost you to build?

    Leave a comment:


  • buffybuster
    replied
    IMO the 17HM2 or 17HMR are too light for coyote use.

    Of course they will work, if the presentation is right, but with 17/20gr bullets, if you hit a rib or any other bone on the way in, that bullet will probably fragment badly. Those fragments might go deep enough, but they might not. Why take that chance on a regular basis?

    Hunter ethics (regardless of animal) dictate the hunter use methods that will take the animal in the most humane way available.

    Leave a comment:


  • trob
    replied
    Originally posted by benbangui
    exit side:
    you blasted him

    Leave a comment:


  • benbangui
    replied
    interesting about velosity... this was at about 70 yards.. aMAzing results

    but i got another head shot at 100 yards and it was just a small hole on the exit side as well... interesting...

    it wasnt out of season, just at my friends house so we didnt have "gear up" for it all.
    Last edited by benbangui; 05-08-2010, 7:57 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • benbangui
    replied
    pictures where taken last yr but dont want to start any problems
    Last edited by benbangui; 05-08-2010, 7:55 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ChrisO
    replied
    Will it do the job. Yes. Know yours and your guns limitations though. If you call em in close enough you can waste em. Oh yeah and Nice rifle. I use a .308 for coyotes mostly because It's the same gun I use for long range shooting. I do have a old remington 700 in 22-250 with a leupold 12x on it that recently got promoted to coyote duty (since I realized you really don't need the heavy barrel hunting yotes cuz I'm not laying down strings of fire like I'm in P dog country) have yet to get out and use it though. IMO a .223 bolt gun is the way to go for a dedicated coyote gun. You can get good plinking ammo for a decent price and good match ammo when you need to make shots count. Even regular old XM193 or most 55 grain military load will be good to 300 yards or so if you wanna save some $$$. I prefer to use speer TNT's on yotes out of my .308 it really eff's em up 125 gr pills moving fast!

    Leave a comment:


  • Rule .308
    replied
    You're going to want a bigger gun. I prefer .243 myself but .223 and 22/250 are probably more popular.

    Leave a comment:


  • stangallmotor
    replied
    Where are you shooting at? Looks like the place I go near the Port of Sacramento, well kinda near like 25 miles away but next to the water.

    Leave a comment:


  • pl408
    replied
    Nice!!!
    I like your style

    Leave a comment:


  • trob
    replied
    if you happen to miss even the smallest amount, that coyote is in for a world of hurt. I wouldnt use it on anything bigger than jack rabbits

    Leave a comment:


  • benbangui
    replied


    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1