Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

10/22 sled

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • five.five-six
    CGN Contributor
    • May 2006
    • 34927

    10/22 sled

    so, i know I am jumping the gun a bit, but in the next few years, I am going to be giving my almost 5 year old the 10/22 my father gave me as a kid. I don't want to give him a 10 rounder right off the bat, i would like to start him with single shot, but IIRC, that ruger is fairly hard to load W/O a magazine

    any ideas?
  • #2
    Twinspool
    Member
    • Nov 2007
    • 279

    Yeah, wait until he's 8 or 10.

    Comment

    • #3
      Carsgunsandchics
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 3537

      Buy a

      Buy a hot lips straight mag and pin it. Simple and easier than trying to covert a rotary mag.
      Originally posted by fighterpilot562
      I am more of a sucker than a blower...

      Comment

      • #4
        slik556
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 1192

        Just may be easier to just get a inexpensive single shot bolt, like a crickett. I think the Davy crickett and most of there models are not much more that $100.00 -- $170.00. They have a bunch of models to pick from.
        sigpic
        IF THE BRADY BUNCH WAS AROUND
        WHEN CAIN KILLED ABEL,
        THERE WOULD BE A 10DAY
        WAITING PERIOD ON ROCKS

        Comment

        • #5
          asme
          Member
          • Jan 2010
          • 412

          Single-loading a 10/22, even with a makeshift sled, teaches patience, builds character, and educates in dealing with frustration.

          If you can do it in less than 5 minutes without expletives and/or breaking an extractor, you have reached a level of zen no human could ever hope to match.

          So yeah, what silk556 said.

          Comment

          • #6
            five.five-six
            CGN Contributor
            • May 2006
            • 34927

            I would kinda like his first rifle to be my first rifle

            Comment

            • #7
              yelohamr
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 1402

              Take hot lips mag and modify it so it only holds one round. It will teach him how to load, insert and remove a magazine.

              Comment

              • #8
                desmark6
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2005
                • 633

                Under your direct supervision, why not just load 1 round at a time into the 10 round mag, easy to load, easy to control, no modifications. Thats what I would do if I was in your position.

                Twinspool, I think he is saying it will be a few more years before his 5 year old gets the rifle, so he whould be in the 7-10 year old range.

                Comment

                • #9
                  five.five-six
                  CGN Contributor
                  • May 2006
                  • 34927

                  yes, he is not ready yet, and he will be supervised, I think pinning the hotlips is a good idea, i would like to make his 10 rounder an event...

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1