Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Eotech options on a gsg5sd?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • beastmode
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 34

    Eotech options on a gsg5sd?

    I just bought a gsg5sd and I want to buy an eotech for it. I also wanted to know if there would be room for a magnifier and eotech on my mfi low profile mount. Would the LaRue Tactical EOTech QD Mount LT-110 also be necessary for both the eotech and eotech magnifier? Im looking for the ultimate optic set up. In the future I will use it on an ar-15, but for now gsg5sd is all I have thanks.
  • #2
    JBird33
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 559

    If you are looking at getting the real optics and not clones or airsoft stuff, you will be spending enough money to buy the AR that you are talking about. Even if you find used parts, you are looking at about a grand in optics parts. Why not get an inexpensive red dot for the GSG and spend the rest toward an AR?

    Comment

    • #3
      tempdrummer
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2007
      • 833

      Can you even fit a magnifier and an eotech on a gsg?

      Comment

      • #4
        beastmode
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2010
        • 34

        good point j bird. If i have 600 towards optics maybe I should put it towards an ar-15. The thing is is that I just bought my gsg5sd. I shot it once with the iron sights and had a blast. An Eotech would make it so sexy! Plus if i get the eotech i can enjoy my gsg5 for a while with good optics while slowly saving for a ar15. No rush really. Then when I get the ar I can swap the eotech from the gsg to the ar. What a treat that would be when i get the ar-15. Knowing that I have an eotech for it. Just trying to figure out where i should put my hard earned money.

        I think you can fit both eo and magnifier on a 5 inch rail

        Comment

        • #5
          tempdrummer
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2007
          • 833

          Originally posted by beastmode
          good point j bird. If i have 600 towards optics maybe I should put it towards an ar-15. The thing is is that I just bought my gsg5sd. I shot it once with the iron sights and had a blast. An Eotech would make it so sexy! Plus if i get the eotech i can enjoy my gsg5 for a while with good optics while slowly saving for a ar15. No rush really. Then when I get the ar I can swap the eotech from the gsg to the ar. What a treat that would be when i get the ar-15. Knowing that I have an eotech for it. Just trying to figure out where i should put my hard earned money.

          I think you can fit both eo and magnifier on a 5 inch rail
          If you want the eotech (i love mine) then i'd say go for it. As you said you can use it on any rifle you own. Use it on the GSG for a while and then build your AR and use it on that.

          Comment

          • #6
            USGI
            Junior Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 87

            The "AA" battery compartment on the 512 is pretty long. You might be able to gain some extra space by going with the model that takes the smaller Type N batteries, but it's more expensive.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1