Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Where to get Ruger 10/22 springs?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • yuna12
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 13

    Where to get Ruger 10/22 springs?

    Hello Calgunners:

    I am in need of a firing pin spring and a safty detent spring for my SR-22, went to home depot and they don't have anything that will fit. Do you know where i can get these springs in ventura or LA region? if not, where can i get springs locally other than at home depot or doit center? (or any online store in CA or AZ, i don't want to wait a week for 2 springs...)

    Thank you for all the replies and offers, i am impressed and touched by your hospitality.
    Last edited by yuna12; 01-05-2010, 9:23 AM.
    For among other evils caused by being disarmed, it renders you contemptible; which is one of those disgraceful things which a prince must guard against.
    -N.Machiavelli
  • #2
    shadow-ote
    Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 108

    Wolff is your friend...
    -------------
    I have reached a point in my life where I temper my response, temper my words and even try harder to not lose my temper...but that does not mean I wont visit you later, when you least expect it....
    I reserve the right to change my mind.
    -------------
    The Battle of San Jacinto still astounds me. 1,360 Mexican soldiers vs. 910 Texan soldiers--every Mexican soldier was killed or captured, while there were only 8 Texans killed and 23 wounded--and it was all over in 18 minutes.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      professionalcoyotehunter
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 12805

      Numrich

      Comment

      • #4
        qaz987
        Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 436

        How about Ruger? Their customer service is one of the best.
        "He swears to god he's an atheist."

        Comment

        • #5
          slik556
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 1192

          Maybe borrow some from a buddy or rob them from one of the other 10/22's you have........? I will lend them to you but you have to come and get them...
          sigpic
          IF THE BRADY BUNCH WAS AROUND
          WHEN CAIN KILLED ABEL,
          THERE WOULD BE A 10DAY
          WAITING PERIOD ON ROCKS

          Comment

          • #6
            yuna12
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 13

            i could always just order from ruger, but they dont have it in stock either, borrowing from a buddy is out of the question because i am new to shooting and don't know any other gun lovers........
            it is truely a sad thing to stare at you gun thinking the only thing thats stoping you from having the a good time is a freakin spring......
            For among other evils caused by being disarmed, it renders you contemptible; which is one of those disgraceful things which a prince must guard against.
            -N.Machiavelli

            Comment

            • #7
              foxtrotuniformlima
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 3461

              Brownells or Midway. Usually the small stuff arrives in 2 days.
              Anyone press will hear the fat lady sing.

              Originally posted by Vin Scully
              Don't be sad that it's over. Smile because it happened.
              Originally posted by William James
              I cannot allow your ignorance, however great, to take precedence over my knowledge, however small.
              Originally posted by BigPimping
              When you reach the plateau, there's always going to be those that try to drag you down. Just keep up the game, collect the scratch, and ignore those who seek to drag you down to their level.
              .

              Comment

              • #8
                supersteve9219
                Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 368

                So far I only had a 10/22 a week and I almost lost the extractor spring and one of the tiny springs in the trigger assembly, one wrong move and those dam things will fly across the room. only a matter of time before I really lose one.

                EDIT: I just realized your the same person trying to get their barrel out, seems like you're having every problem I had with my 10/22, hopefully you don't have misfiring problems like me.
                Last edited by supersteve9219; 01-04-2010, 8:13 PM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  curt1950
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 98

                  Grandmaster L.L.C. will probably do it for you, Thats where I got the parts for rebuilding my 30 yr old 10-22. I have some used stuff here if you want it.

                  curt

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Bing
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 593

                    Try Tabors Shooters Supply in San Bruno. He usually has a ton of little parts for different guns. It might be best to call him up when he opens the store so that he can look in his shop for those parts.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      slik556
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 1192

                      I have had very good luck ordering parts from a place called Hawktech arms. He is very fair on the price and usually free shipping and it's to your door in a couple of days..

                      You may have to buy the whole firing pin to get a spring and the safety I am not sure of..
                      Give them a call maybe he can help
                      sigpic
                      IF THE BRADY BUNCH WAS AROUND
                      WHEN CAIN KILLED ABEL,
                      THERE WOULD BE A 10DAY
                      WAITING PERIOD ON ROCKS

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Gem1950
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2008
                        • 2876

                        Originally posted by supersteve9219
                        So far I only had a 10/22 a week and I almost lost the extractor spring and one of the tiny springs in the trigger assembly, one wrong move and those dam things will fly across the room. only a matter of time before I really lose one.

                        EDIT: I just realized your the same person trying to get their barrel out, seems like you're having every problem I had with my 10/22, hopefully you don't have misfiring problems like me.
                        I've found that when installing the barrel on a 10/22 it's a good idea to have the bolt already in place so you can "feel" the extractor claw fitting evenly in it's notch at the barrel end.
                        "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine



                        "We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well and live."

                        "Is that a desert country?" "No; a fat country; fat people." "You are not fat?" "No. I'm different..."

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1