Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Sav mk2 BV

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • zrock
    Member
    • Aug 2008
    • 274

    Sav mk2 BV

    Does anyone own one? Thinking of buying it
  • #2
    joelukehart
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 977

    Great gun. Horrible magazines.

    Comment

    • #3
      zrock
      Member
      • Aug 2008
      • 274

      Looking back , would you buy the savage again ? Or would you spend more and get a ?

      Comment

      • #4
        BSlacker
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2003
        • 923

        Got a FVT that I changed to a Boyds laminated thumbhole stock and removed the iron sights and mounted a scope(currently Weaver T24). The BV is a good choice in a inexpensive rimfire rifle. I have not experienced mag problems but have read where some have. Mine is picky about ammo and doesn't shoot the cheap bulk very well shoots expensive (61.00 per brick) great so if you get one get lots of ammo choices to try. I have a Weaver T24 on it that cost more than I paid for the rifle but it is fun.
        If you can scrape up another 100 bucks get the CZ 452. You might want to wait until after January as CZ is going to come out with a new and improved 452 or see if they have some sales around that time. My CZ shoots rings around the Savage with any ammo that you can get.
        Looking back , would you buy the savage again ? Or would you spend more and get a ?
        Yes, but I am crazy. I did spend more and got the CZ Silhouette great rifle. Want to buy the savage?

        Comment

        • #5
          zrock
          Member
          • Aug 2008
          • 274

          I'll take a look at the cz in jan. Thanks

          Comment

          • #6
            joelukehart
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2008
            • 977

            Originally posted by zrock
            Looking back , would you buy the savage again ? Or would you spend more and get a ?
            Good question. I would probably buy a Remington, Ruger, or a Kimber SVT. I'll keep the Savage though. I have to push up on the magazine when I cycle the action or it won't pick up a round. If I can justify spending a grand on a rimfire it would be the Kimber for sure.

            Comment

            • #7
              Arteel
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2009
              • 2392

              I love mine. Extremely accurate rifle out the box. Never had any issues with my magazines. Highly recommended.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1