Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bushnell Banner for my Marlin 795?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tomd1584
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2008
    • 5895

    Bushnell Banner for my Marlin 795?

    Hi Guys

    i usually dont stop by the rimfire thread, but i picked up another marlin 795 during the thanksgiving sale @ Turners.

    I've put a lot of rounds through my first one, but getting tired of the crappy iron sights. I've managed to spend all my money on my AR and have neglected the 795!

    THis is only gonna be a plinker rifle.

    Is the Bushnell Banner 1.5-4.5 x32 scope any good? Should I look for a fixed 4x? or a 3-9?

    Looking to spend less than $100.

    Just curious if anyone has a 1.5-4.5 on a rimfire, or if people generally get high magnification.

    THanks,
  • #2
    pennys dad
    Arizona Ex-Pat
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Feb 2008
    • 5984

    Good thing about a .22lr rifle is its a fun gun plinker. I put a cheapo red dot on mine and it works great, but now i want a little magnification to 75yards + so I got a Simmons 4x ($60) shotgun scope "small form factor" that will go on the rifle in a few days. once i get it sighted in who knows whats next. I tried 2x magnification but didnt like it.
    Pennys Dad

    Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

    Comment

    • #3
      caoboy
      Senior Member
      • May 2009
      • 2400

      I've a 6-18x50mm on my 795. It works well when it stays on the gun. My problem is the scope walk that all 795's get...you'll need to get a good set of scope rings/loctite them in.

      Comment

      • #4
        trob
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 1881

        i have a little bushnell 3-9x32 on my girlfriends 795. It was on my 22 before that.

        Its always been accurate, and reliable

        Comment

        • #5
          FEMUN
          Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 312

          I have a Simmons 22 mag scope on my 795 and it works great.

          Comment

          • #6
            GJC
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2009
            • 1864

            I have one of those Walmart centerpoint 3x9 on mine. $59? Works great, but it's getting moved to anouther rifle since I have some Tec sights on the way.

            sigpic Rifleman Jan 31 2010
            Have You tried an Appleseed Lately? http://www.appleseedinfo.org/
            NRA Life Member

            Comment

            • #7
              five.five-six
              CGN Contributor
              • May 2006
              • 34928

              i have a banner 3x9 on my mark III in .300WM it holds 0 just fine

              Comment

              • #8
                afro
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 748

                Originally posted by GJC
                I have one of those Walmart centerpoint 3x9 on mine. $59? Works great, but it's getting moved to anouther rifle since I have some Tec sights on the way.

                Hey yours looks like mine! Enjoy the tech sights they're great.

                Comment

                • #9
                  the fisher
                  Member
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 144

                  Ive got a Bushnell 3-9x40mm scope, its new, never been mounted (no rings though) gimme $42.00 and it yours shipping included. I have an exact one on my other 795 and its flawless. Let me know.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1