Does anyone have any expierence building a dedicated 22 upper? Hand selecting each part, maybe to ebb the price of buying new... Let me know if you have done it, thanks.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
22lr Upper from scratch?
Collapse
X
-
22lr Upper from scratch?
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest HemingwayTags: None -
I'd be happy to find someone that makes custom match barrels in custom lengths, fluting, threads for brakes ect. I'd really like to build a super accurate dedicated to compete with the high end 10/22s but I can't seem to find and match grade 18in barrelsVisit our forum at- http://www.socalprecisionforum.com/index.php -
spikes had some lothar barrels made, dont know if they still have some.
-bbsigpicNRA Life Endowment Member - CRPA Member
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin, 1759
Brand NEW Apple MacBooks and Mini for saleComment
-
Last edited by offrdmania; 11-20-2009, 4:37 PM.Previous iTrader rating, over 150 Positive ratingsComment
-
Thanks guys but im looking for something 18in made from a match blank. The lothar barrels aren't long enough and the model 1 might not produce the accuracy im looking for.Visit our forum at- http://www.socalprecisionforum.com/index.phpComment
-
Check out this site. Does excellent work, and can provide you with what you seek.
sigpicComment
-
I went with these guys...
Pretty good customer service... I got a 16 in a2 flashider equipped Douglas match grade heavy barrel from them. Should be receiving it soon... The barrel, bolt (spikes) and 2 mags came out to a bit over 500 bucks.
They also do custom barrels in 17m2 if you really want accuracy.The gun doesn't smell loaded.Comment
-
I pieced mine together from an unknown make flattop upper, my old Ceiner kit, Oly FIRSH handguard, and a Model1 dedicated .22lr barrel. I had to cut down the chamber adapter and make a feed ramp. It's a little picky with ammo unlike my 10/22. I would like to go .17m2 with a ballisticadvantagellc barrel as I already have 3 other .22'sComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,551
Posts: 25,149,092
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,901
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 25977 users online. 119 members and 25858 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment