Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger Super Wrangler

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Darto
    CGN Contributor
    • Apr 2012
    • 6724

    Ruger Super Wrangler

    Thread below is old, can't reply to it. So started a new one.






  • #2
    9Cal_OC
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2019
    • 6703

    You can reply to it. Just click on the checkbox at the bottom before posting.
    Freedom isn't free...

    sigpic

    iTrader

    Comment

    • #3
      joepamjohn
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2009
      • 2709

      Ok, and?
      "You can't handle the truth"

      Comment

      • #4
        splithoof
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2015
        • 6028

        Will be interesting to see how long these last (total round count service life) as they have a frame not of steel.
        I would look for a all steel Single Six or Bearcat.

        Comment

        • #5
          Preston-CLB
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2018
          • 4304

          It would be a fun plinker, for sure. I have a Single Six New Model Stainless and I love it. The gun is a tack driver. The adjustable rear sight is a plus.

          Mine has 15,300 rounds through it (Includes .22 LR and WMR). It will outlast me.

          If you can afford it, get the Single Six. If not, the Super Wrangler would be a good purchase.
          -P
          ? "If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you are satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper."

          Comment

          • #6
            Zenderfall
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2017
            • 600

            Originally posted by splithoof
            Will be interesting to see how long these last (total round count service life) as they have a frame not of steel.
            I would look for a all steel Single Six or Bearcat.
            I think it will be fine. Heritage Rough Riders also use non-steel, Zamak frame and people haven?t really complained about those turning to crap. Build quality is another thing. Ruger needed to make these cheaper than Single-Six to get at the Heritage market, and I think they did a really outstanding job of it. Steel cylinder, adjustable sights, an included magnum cylinder for a bit more power, and a simple flip the gate open and free spinning wheel, I prefer that rather than going to half-cock to load.

            If I didn?t already have a Single Ten I would?ve bought one of these for sure.
            NRA Pistol/Rifle Instructor
            CADOJ Certified Instructor
            NRA Pistol/Rimfire Rifle Distinguished Expert
            NRA RSO, IDPA Safety Officer
            NRA & CRPA Member
            Veteran, 1994-1998

            Comment

            • #7
              noseyparker2u
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2011
              • 536

              The Super Wrangler’s frame improves over the Wrangler’s alloy frame in being steel, like that of the Single Six. The steel gives the Super Wrangler some heft, which may not be so desirable for carry, but is desirable for helping the muzzle to “hang” on a target without wobble.
              I think the grip frame and trigger guard are still alum. alloy but the cylinder frame is now steel on the Super Wrangler.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                joepamjohn
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 2709

                Originally posted by noseyparker2u
                I think the grip frame and trigger guard are still alum. alloy but the cylinder frame is now steel on the Super Wrangler.
                Right, just like the single six only not finished as nicely
                "You can't handle the truth"

                Comment

                • #9
                  dave85620
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 690

                  If I hadn't already bought the standard Wrangler, then I'd get one of these for sure. The only thing I don't like about my non-super Wrangler are the sights, which the super Wrangler fixes.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    shooter556
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 1054

                    Sorry to bump an old thread but with the new site I can no longer do a search on Google for some reason. But per Ruger website, it says it is available in CA. However, when I go to the DOJs handgun roster, I cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know what it is saved under?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Spyder
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 17269

                      I still kinda want one of these. Maybe I'll order one before the new tax kicks in.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Preston-CLB
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2018
                        • 4304

                        Originally posted by shooter556
                        Sorry to bump an old thread but with the new site I can no longer do a search on Google for some reason. But per Ruger website, it says it is available in CA. However, when I go to the DOJs handgun roster, I cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know what it is saved under?
                        Single action revolvers are exempt from the evil roster. Single Action Exemption: they must have a barrel 3" in length, an overall length of 7.5", and a cylinder that holds at least 5 rounds.

                        The Ruger Super Wrangler is well within the exemption criteria.

                        Buy now! Have fun!
                        -P
                        ? "If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you are satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper."

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          rg_1111@yahoo.com
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Feb 2003
                          • 5752

                          The Superwrangler is built pretty good. To bad I had to sell mine.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            shooter556
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 1054

                            Originally posted by Preston-CLB

                            Single action revolvers are exempt from the evil roster. Single Action Exemption: they must have a barrel 3" in length, an overall length of 7.5", and a cylinder that holds at least 5 rounds.

                            The Ruger Super Wrangler is well within the exemption criteria.

                            Buy now! Have fun!
                            -P
                            Lol I feel dumb!! Thanks for explaining it! Definitely going to pick one up now.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              splithoof
                              Calguns Addict
                              • May 2015
                              • 6028

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1