Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

which feature(a) can stay on .22 AR-15 rifle?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • newStar
    Member
    • Jan 2021
    • 138

    which feature(a) can stay on .22 AR-15 rifle?

    I am getting a .22 upper to be used with my AR-15 lower. Among all those featureless requirements for ARs, which I can have them stay on my .22 upper if I use it to shoot with my AR-15 lower? Specifically, my upper will come with a flash hider, do I need to change to use muzzle brake?

    Thanks in advance.
  • #2
    hermosabeach
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2009
    • 19808

    Is it a .22lr only upper or a conversions kit from 5.56
    Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

    Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

    Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

    Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
    (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

    Comment

    • #3
      newStar
      Member
      • Jan 2021
      • 138

      Originally posted by hermosabeach
      Is it a .22lr only upper or a conversions kit from 5.56
      It is BCA deliciated .22 upper: https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/cal...l-branded.html

      Comment

      • #4
        Jimi Jah
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2014
        • 19235

        I took the buffer and buffer spring out of my .22LR lower. Lost the weight and any legal issues it may have with the adjustable stock and pistol grip.

        Comment

        • #5
          Darkness45
          Junior Member
          • Sep 2020
          • 63

          I have the same upper and kept all the evil features, I think as long as you’re not violating any OAL requirements you should be fine. I’m just someone on the internet though.

          Cheers

          Comment

          • #6
            newStar
            Member
            • Jan 2021
            • 138

            When we consider those evil features, are these like these?

            1. Pistol Grip (no need of fin grip, which is the one what to get rid off most)
            2. Adjustable stock
            3. Flash Hider as muzzle brake
            4. Forward vertical grip

            Just like to know if any of them stay for .22 AR-15, especially the grip and stock.

            Thanks

            Comment

            • #7
              hermosabeach
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Feb 2009
              • 19808

              It's my understanding that you can have features on a rimfire.


              I do know a guy who was arrested for a separated AR15

              He was sketchy and had weed. He had mag locks in the case and the gun was separated upper from lower.

              The unregistered RAW charge was dropped.


              Just my rambling way of saying my suggestion is to not have an AR upper with you when having the featured rimfire.

              While I don't believe there is any constructive possession for having an AR pistol upper or AR rifle upper while having a featured 22 lr upper, I'm a chicken.
              Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

              Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

              Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

              Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
              (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

              Comment

              • #8
                RickD427
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Jan 2007
                • 9276

                Originally posted by newStar
                When we consider those evil features, are these like these?

                1. Pistol Grip (no need of fin grip, which is the one what to get rid off most)
                2. Adjustable stock
                3. Flash Hider as muzzle brake
                4. Forward vertical grip

                Just like to know if any of them stay for .22 AR-15, especially the grip and stock.

                Thanks
                Have you checked the Penal Code to see what the governing statutes say?

                Taking internet advice ain't always the best thing to do. Far better to check the facts directly.
                If you build a man a fire, you'll keep him warm for the evening. If you set a man on fire, you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life.

                Comment

                • #9
                  newStar
                  Member
                  • Jan 2021
                  • 138

                  Originally posted by hermosabeach
                  It's my understanding that you can have features on a rimfire.


                  I do know a guy who was arrested for a separated AR15

                  He was sketchy and had weed. He had mag locks in the case and the gun was separated upper from lower.

                  The unregistered RAW charge was dropped.


                  Just my rambling way of saying my suggestion is to not have an AR upper with you when having the featured rimfire.

                  While I don't believe there is any constructive possession for having an AR pistol upper or AR rifle upper while having a featured 22 lr upper, I'm a chicken.
                  Thank for sharing the information. Yes, we should be cautious of not making any violating. I will make all uppers, even the .22, to be featureless then.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    newStar
                    Member
                    • Jan 2021
                    • 138

                    Originally posted by RickD427
                    Have you checked the Penal Code to see what the governing statutes say?

                    Taking internet advice ain't always the best thing to do. Far better to check the facts directly.
                    Thanks. Do you have a link to find related Penal Code?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      RickD427
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 9276

                      Originally posted by newStar
                      Thanks. Do you have a link to find related Penal Code?
                      Here ya go: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes.xhtml
                      If you build a man a fire, you'll keep him warm for the evening. If you set a man on fire, you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        newStar
                        Member
                        • Jan 2021
                        • 138

                        Originally posted by RickD427
                        wow, studying it for a while and still not finding where it talks about the featureless related topics. Seems like may need to find a lawyer to interpret

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          RickD427
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 9276

                          Originally posted by newStar
                          wow, studying it for a while and still not finding where it talks about the featureless related topics. Seems like may need to find a lawyer to interpret
                          Check Penal Code section 30515. It's all in there......
                          If you build a man a fire, you'll keep him warm for the evening. If you set a man on fire, you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            wpod
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2014
                            • 2395

                            I'm not advising anything, just relating my experiences.
                            I have a full-featured, dedicated 22lr upper (Delton) on a full-featured lower.
                            No one ever said diddly squat about it. (before moving out of CA)
                            A really fun gun to shoot

                            Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Wheellock
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2019
                              • 1112

                              Originally posted by newStar
                              wow, studying it for a while and still not finding where it talks about the featureless related topics. Seems like may need to find a lawyer to interpret
                              The important part is at the start when it says it applies to centerfire rifles. You can stop reading there and make your 22 look as salty as you want.

                              For example, here is one you can buy, normal grip, flash hider, adjustable stock. The only difference between this rifle and the free state version is the magazine size.

                              Buy HK HK416 22 Long Rifle 16.1in Black Semi Automatic Modern Sporting Rifle - 10+1 Rounds at Sportsmans Warehouse online and in-store has everything for your outdoor sports adventure needs. Fishing, rods & reels, camping gear, tents and much more.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1