Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

S&W 7" model 41 holster? Flush or extended mag base plates?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • k1dude
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2009
    • 15909

    S&W 7" model 41 holster? Flush or extended mag base plates?

    I can't seem to find a holster anywhere by any company. Does anyone have a source?

    I also noticed the mag seats deep within the wood grips making it difficult to slam a new mag home due to the recessed magwell. Does anyone know of extended mag base plates to either fit flush or to extend past the wood grip to make mag changes quicker and less painful? I say painful because those wood grip edges are sharp.

    I'm also thinking of smoothing the edges of the rear sight. They're also sharp and get in the way of manipulating the slide. I can see myself cutting my fingers open trying to rack the slide quickly under time pressure.
    "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

    "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
  • #2
    smithrjd
    Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 152

    There were a few companies that made holsters for the 41, perhaps GB or Fleabay. As to a mag well... It is a target pistol after all. Not really suited for Quick Draw McGraw.

    Comment

    • #3
      k1dude
      I need a LIFE!!
      • May 2009
      • 15909

      Originally posted by smithrjd
      There were a few companies that made holsters for the 41, perhaps GB or Fleabay. As to a mag well... It is a target pistol after all. Not really suited for Quick Draw McGraw.
      All the holsters out there are for the 5.5" without an optic. I need one for a 7" with an optic. However, sometimes the optic will be removed.

      It doesn't matter if I intend to use it for "Quick Draw McGraw" or hunting, a holster is needed.

      In this case it's being used for timed competition from the holster. Accuracy, precision, and speed are required out to 50 yards. Sometimes the competition will be shot with irons, sometimes with an optic.
      "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

      "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1