Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Reliable 10/22 mag loader???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PSLguy
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2014
    • 817

    Reliable 10/22 mag loader???

    Looking for a good performing 10/22 mag loader. Have a lot of 25+ round mags and kids and I love to shoot them.

    Tried the Caldwell, but it binds and dents the rounds. Hand loading them is a drag, especially at the range on a cold day.

    Any of you have good experience with mag loaders?
  • #2
    Fatcat
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2006
    • 1299

    This aint perfect, but it works OK.

    Shop Primos Hunting for game calls, ground blinds, attractants & supplements, & other hunting accessories.


    You need to develop a rhythm of turning the knob and pausing.

    Comment

    • #3
      'ol shooter
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2011
      • 4646

      Maglula, kit comes with a loader and unloader.
      It's fairly new.
      I have had a Butler Creek for several years, bought for loading the 25 round mags, will not work on the ten rounders and very touchy on the 25's.
      Turn it too fast and it dents the cases.
      sigpic
      Bob B.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

      Comment

      • #4
        c good
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 2726

        I've used the Butler Creek. It works great. You just have to be gentle when cranking the bullets into the mag.

        Comment

        • #5
          sirgrumps
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2009
          • 2500



          THIS ^^^^^

          I love mine.

          What's great, it can used adapters to load many ty[pes of 22 magazines
          ?The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense is not a ?second-class right,? subject to an entirely different body of rules than the other Bill of Rights guarantees.? ?.. "We know of no other constitutional rights that an individual may exercise only after demonstrating to government officers some special need."
          - Justice Clarence Thomas

          Comment

          • #6
            Sniperboy
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 715

            The McFadden is the best invention since sliced bread.

            But be warned it will work for about any magazine EXCEPT OEM rugger 10/22 magazines. GO figure that.
            Link to my iTrader Feedback here.

            Comment

            • #7
              'ol shooter
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 4646

              I also have the McFadden and it works only on single stack pistol mags, but does a good job at that.
              sigpic
              Bob B.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")

              Comment

              • #8
                jross239
                Member
                • Nov 2018
                • 104

                The Maglula 10/22 Lula is probably the best out there for the 10/22

                I also have a Caldwell and it is a pain in the *****. You generally have to load the first round, then it'll only load 7 more most of the time and can dent cases. Sometimes it will load 10 without preloading the first round.

                Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

                Comment

                • #9
                  sirgrumps
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 2500

                  Originally posted by Sniperboy
                  The McFadden is the best invention since sliced bread.

                  But be warned it will work for about any magazine EXCEPT OEM rugger 10/22 magazines. GO figure that.
                  ?The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense is not a ?second-class right,? subject to an entirely different body of rules than the other Bill of Rights guarantees.? ?.. "We know of no other constitutional rights that an individual may exercise only after demonstrating to government officers some special need."
                  - Justice Clarence Thomas

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    PSLguy
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2014
                    • 817

                    Thanks for replies. I'm gonna get a couple MagLula

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      jyo
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 5320

                      Way (WAY!) back when I bought my Butler Creek 25 rd magazines (when it was legal to do so in California), I bought a Butler Creek magazine loader as well---both the magazines and the loader still work just fine in my two 10-22s!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        sparrow
                        Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 334

                        I add another vote for the up lula, I have no problems loading factory ten rounders. It is slow but easier than no loader and your fingers stay alot cleaner.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          gcvt
                          Orlando, Florida
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 13933

                          Did they make tere hanges to the Butler Creek loader in the past 10+ years? I've never had a problem with mine denting cases.
                          Originally posted by Kestryll
                          I want to be Princess Anastasia today because I feel pretty
                          Originally posted by QuarterBoreGunner
                          Kes is really just an errand boy
                          Originally posted by Kestryll
                          I am NOT...anything other than a schmuck...

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            bohoki
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 20826

                            i too use the butler creek one with hot lips magazines

                            got the 110 rounder during freedom week there is no easier way to load it but once loaded it lasts a while

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Wordupmybrotha
                              From anotha motha
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Oct 2013
                              • 6965

                              -1 Butler Creek
                              Dented shells, not smooth.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1